A Story: How I got a New Omega Speedmaster AND Seamaster for $4900 from an AD.
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: A Story: How I got a New Omega Speedmaster AND Seamaster for $4900 from an AD.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A Story: How I got a New Omega Speedmaster AND Seamaster for $4900 from an AD.

I thought this was a very good deal and a cool story so enjoy!

I was in Istanbul, Turkey for my sisters wedding. While I was there I saw the prices for Omega watches were selling in Turkish Liras while every other watch brand were selling in Swiss Francs. Anyone that follows Forex might know that the Turkish Lira has lost a lot of value compared to USD. In January $1 = 3.75TL to 6.82TL in August. Long story short the prices didnt adjust and could not keep up with devaluation. With a decent discount and a good amount of devaluation I got the Speedmaster Hesalite for $2900 all in, full kit from an AD. The Seamaster SMPC blue came to $2000. They have now brought a %30 increase in price but I still think they are at a decent price.

Thanks,

John
    Current Watchbox:

Tudor Pelagos LHD
    Omega Seamaster Ceramic Automatic Blue Dial
    Omega Speedmaster Hesalite Moonwatch
    Seiko SNK908 Black
    Deep Blue Nato Diver 300
    Breitling Colt 38mm

Re: A Story: How I got a New Omega Speedmaster AND Seamaster for $4900 from an AD.

Nice buy. Good for you.

Re: A Story: How I got a New Omega Speedmaster AND Seamaster for $4900 from an AD.

Those are really good deals. Any tariff you had to pay when you brought them back?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

What did Customs have to say about bringing the watches home?

Quote Originally Posted by Nom de Forum View Post
    What did Customs have to say about bringing the watches home?
    I declared them and told them about the prices and they said thanks for declaring. This is Canada btw.
    rfortson and Metlin like this.
    Current Watchbox:

Tudor Pelagos LHD
    Omega Seamaster Ceramic Automatic Blue Dial
    Omega Speedmaster Hesalite Moonwatch
    Seiko SNK908 Black
    Deep Blue Nato Diver 300
    Breitling Colt 38mm

Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    Those are really good deals. Any tariff you had to pay when you brought them back?
    Brought what back?

Quote Originally Posted by Fbcanman View Post
    I thought this was a very good deal and a cool story so enjoy!

I was in Istanbul, Turkey for my sisters wedding. While I was there I saw the prices for Omega watches were selling in Turkish Liras while every other watch brand were selling in Swiss Francs. Anyone that follows Forex might know that the Turkish Lira has lost a lot of value compared to USD. In January $1 = 3.75TL to 6.82TL in August. Long story short the prices didnt adjust and could not keep up with devaluation. With a decent discount and a good amount of devaluation I got the Speedmaster Hesalite for $2900 all in, full kit from an AD. The Seamaster SMPC blue came to $2000. They have now brought a %30 increase in price but I still think they are at a decent price.
    Yup, depending on what the exchange rate was when Omega set their prices in lira, the massive devaluation should not be completely offset by that 30% price increase, so good deals can still be had...

Time to book a flight to Istanbul!
    Fbcanman likes this.
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

Quote Originally Posted by Fbcanman View Post
    I declared them and told them about the prices and they said thanks for declaring. This is Canada btw.
    The best part is when they say, "Welcome home." Always puts a smile on my face...
    Fbcanman likes this.
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

Stories are cool, pictures are better. Congrats!
    rfortson likes this.

Great story, hope the wedding was fun, and looking forward to photos of your new pieces! Sounds like a great pair. Were these already on your list or was it a purchase of opportunity?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information