Stowa fans?

Thread: Stowa fans?

Stowa fans?

Hi there,

I'm drifting around every watch there is to buy and finding that I'm changing my mind every time I see a new one! I've been thinking that I'd *like* a chronograph, even though they are definitely more cluttered.

Then I saw this one:

Err...sorry. I mean this one (that one was the last other one that had *definitely* won me over :D

This one:

This is not cluttered! This must have the most classic font style I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of my British Smith's wind up clock from over 60 years ago which is still working, only much more refined.

Do any of you own a Stowa Chrono?

If so - where did you get it? I can't find it on the official website. My German is pretty good, at least better than my Russian. Is it permissible to ask how much you paid for it? Is it still in production? How are you getting on with it? Do you still wear it, or is it more of a jewel collector's thing that sits on the mantelpiece.

Thanks for any help

Re: Stowa fans?

Link to the chrono, 1680 euro. You can use google translate if you need.
    SCHAUER - Basel 2010

Not sure if this still applies, but someone asked about ordering here and was told they can send an email for info on ordering:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/ord...no-453732.html

Hope that helps

Mike Stuffler has one, I believe. It looks gorgeous to me. Maybe a tad thick but gorgeous nonetheless. Why don't you ask on the Stowa forum too?

You get a Stowa by ordering directly from the factory - if you don't see it on their website, shoot them an email. They'll answer pretty promptly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    Mike Stuffler has one, I believe. It looks gorgeous to me. Maybe a tad thick but gorgeous nonetheless. Why don't you ask on the Stowa forum too?

You get a Stowa by ordering directly from the factory - if you don't see it on their website, shoot them an email. They'll answer pretty promptly.

Thanks guys.

I've already emailed them, but 2 hours have passed and no reply yet!

Thick watches are okay. My cheap consumer but stunning looking (on the outside only of course) Hugo Boss watch is just as thick.

Is there a Stowa forum here? Wow. I didn't notice. It seems to have escaped my attention!

I suppose, I'm not fully committed yet - so maybe I need to decide before posting on the Stowa forum, otherwise they'll think I'm an indecisive troll.

Which errrr....I am. Indecisive that is.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfox

Thanks guys.

I've already emailed them, but 2 hours have passed and no reply yet! .
    Read the Stowa Forum and you will learn that they are on holidays. There are a lot of chrono owners out there and a lot of threads to flick through. Just run a forum search over there. Enjoy!
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thanks guys - I see now, that it wasn't just me being a complete numpty trying to work out the ordering details.

That's a very good price for a pressed dial face like that.

A few reservations though:

1. The chronograph only runs for 30 minutes?
    2. Is it actually waterproof? It matters because I get soaked in torrential April rains on the motorcycle.
    3. The thickness may get in the way of wearing under a glove. Maybe I need a 55mm flight watch to wear over jacket - like this:

4. Any problems with the automatic movement expiring due to intense use of the chronograph? Without a power reserve indicator, I guess it's a quirk a Stowa user would just have to accept.

Hmmm. I'm so impulsive that if I could've ordered a Stowa right now, I would've done so without thinking about how practical it would be.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

No need to worry, it is an automatic movement, no problem with a constant running chrono as long as the watch is on your wrist and winding. For me the Stowa chrono would Not Be my first choice to wear on a Bike. Regarding wr please check specs.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information