Stowa find!

Thread: Stowa find!

Stowa find!

Hey Cats,

Found this at the Salvation Army, not the type of Stowa I want to add to my collection but for what I paid I'll take it. PUW 560 movement, the watch is in very very good condition. Thinking either trade it or try to find a case that will fit the movement and dial....which by the way is keeping excellent time.

A bit of a struggle on this one, do I case it or not?? However it came as a pocket watch originally and it being near new in condition especially at being 31yrs old I can't help but think stripping it is not the right thing to do.

I know if it was in a wrist case I'd wear it quite a bit especially being an admirer of Stowa watches.

Wow, this is a tough one for me

Peace,
    Preston
    Omega, Tissot, Panerai, G-Shock, Timex, Swiss Army watch fan

Re: Stowa find!

I don't understand this post. What did you buy? What are you asking?

You should repost over at the Stowa forum, by the way.
    Current Rotation: Seiko SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko SKX013, Seiko World Timer (c. 1970).
    Box Sitters: 1972 Zodiac Astrographic (Yeah, baby!), Patek Calatrava (I bring that out for special occasions).

Nice catch! Looks like it's in really good condition. I would definitely recommend against recasing the watch. With a nice watch chain, it might be a good super formal dress watch to put in your vest. And yes, do post your find in the Stowa for​um; lots of the members there would be thrilled to see pictures of your find.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're not sure what to do, you can just go ahead and send it to me, thanks. :)
    "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby

Banned

I understand you have a Stowa PW, made around 1979, and containing a fairly common German wrist watch movement?

And asking if i is OK to use the movement in a Wrist watch?

Imho it is a nice PW, not too common.
    if I was you, I would keep it as it is, and find another movement to use in the wrist watch case.

It's great the way it is, IMHO. Enjoy!

Why recase it and ruin what is already such a cool piece? Take it for what it is! Not often do you see a pocket watch, destroying it by recasing it would be plain wrong, bro!
    Current: Seiko 5 SNGZ71, Seiko SKX007, G-Shock G9000-1V

Grail: Omega SMP 300 or Planet Ocean Orange Bezel

Admitted Seiko fan!

Thread Information