Strap Dilemma Need Help

Thread: Strap Dilemma Need Help

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Strap Dilemma Need Help

With out thinking or paying attention I put one of my straps on backwards. The straps have metal barrels at the end for the pins to go through. Now comes the kicker. There is no way to get at the spring bar. It seems my only solution is to break the pin. Does anyone have any ideas?
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Re: Strap Dilemma Need Help

Assuming you don't have drilling through lugs of course. If the strap has a tube in it that's the exact width of your lugs, there's not much you're going to be able to do to salvage that spring bar. If the tube is a bit narrower then perhaps you can get a tool in between there, but more than likely you're just going to have to try and cut the spring bar and perhaps the tube as well. At least spring bars and tubes are pretty cheap.

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Re: Strap Dilemma Need Help

That's what I thought. I have already damaged the bead blasting and its a brand new watch. Will needle nose pliers do the job?
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Thread Information