• Bracelets

20 15.15%
  • I like both!

69 52.27%
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Straps or Bracelets?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Cool Straps or Bracelets?

Given the choice, do you prefer a strap or a bracelet on your watch? ie. which would you *generally* prefer to wear?

Essentially, are you a strap man or a bracelet man? (Or woman, as the case may be! ) And why?

I favour bracelets, personally. Not only do I think they generally look best, I find them easier and more efficient. Especially expandable bracelets, which you can just slip on and off easily. No clasps etc. Those are the types of bracelets I'd almost always go for.

What are your feelings on this?
    Last edited by Rowhyd; February 6th, 2012 at 00:44.

Banned

Re: Straps or Bracelets?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowhyd View Post
    I favour bracelets, personally. Not only do I think they generally look best, I find them easier and more efficient. Especially expandable bracelets, which you can just slip on and off easily. No clasps etc. Those are the types of bracelets I'd almost always go for.

What are your feelings on this?
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say you don't have hairy wrists. My feelings are that Speidel owes me a few ounces worth of hair over the years.

Bracelets in general are more comfortable when they have more links so they flex easier.

Actually, I DO have pretty hairy wrists! But I find bracelets hardly ever tug at my hairs. And if they ever do, I don't tend to mind.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like straps with deployant clasp. A nice leather strap is just more comfortable. The bracelets tend to pull my hairs. I actually don't have many, but it's certainly not pleasant.

That being said, I like a bracelet for the right occasions.

Regards,

Mike

I like both. But specifically, it depends on the watch itself. If I feel it looks better on bracelet, I'll go bracelet and vice versa
    Rowhyd and *El Ocho 1* like this.

I wear both. I think I have more fun customising with straps. Got to be decent leather though, not those rubbish nylon ones.

I'm the same, wearing whichever suits the particular watch the most.

I went through a big strap phase, but as it gets quite hot here and my wrist tends to expand a lot I've found I'm gravitating more towards watches that have a bracelet as an option, and also those that have a quick release type strap changing system. I'll keep my Pro Crono on the bracelet as I think this is the best look for it, and the LW's will switch depending on the time of year and occasion.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Bracelet for work, rubber strap for weekends and casual occasions. Either case the bracelet or rubber strap has to match the watch. Extreme eg. Rubber with a fine dress watch is a no go.

Great thread!

I started out as a strap man (sounds kinky), but only with deployant, and i did not like bracelet watches.

But then i travel around often in my job, and i tend to perspire easily and leather straps become too expensive to replace. That's why i switched to bracelets.

Now my collection is mostly bracelets, with more on the way.
    Rowhyd likes this.
    Final Collection:
    AP RO 15300 (White Dial)
    Rolex Explorer II (White Dial)
    RM 005 WG
    PP 5167A
    AP FC Diver

Hers:
    Rolex GMT IIc Two Tone
    Cartier Ballon Bleu
    PAM 111

A stainless steel bracelet is much easier to clean and holds up better than a a strap.
    Rowhyd likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information