Struggling to Decide - Life & choice!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Struggling to Decide - Life & choice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Struggling to Decide - Life & choice!

Hi Guys,

I am out for a bit of advice, if you please.

I am 26, working in sales in the hospitality industry (not an industry known for high income) at a first time manager level and am struggling on what is acceptable in the work place in terms of price of watch and style of watch.

I currently own an Omega PO GMT which is very nice however I dont want to wear this at work due to it being quite a thick diver (struggles to stay under cuff) and being very high end compared to what even the general manager of the hotel wears. My superiors wear things such as Fossil and other dept. store brands.

I have bought a Christopher Ward C60 COSC to wear on team builsd etc. as this supports a british brand (i am a londener) and also brings down the price and people wont recognise it to be a very expensive brand such as Omega.

I am in the market for a watch, I would say between £400-£600 (£650 - $1000 roughly) that is not a diver or dress watch (I own a Dreyfuss & Co Dress watch) but is ideally automatic although would like your opinions whether a quartz would be better for work use on a daily basis.

My wrist is 7.1 inches and I am really looking for a piece between 40mm-42mm. So my questions are:

1. Any sugestions for a watch between my budgets (non-diver or dress) that would be suitable for work in a suit daily?

2. Your opinions on a subordinate wearing timepieces of significantly greater value that superiors and whether this would be seen as a negative?

Many thanks for all input, really appreciated!

p.s I a style of watch I really like is the Hamilton Khaki Field Officers Automatic however it is 44mm which I see as being just a little too big for my liking. Name:  99931378_v_1355928917.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  61.6 KB

Re: Struggling to Decide - Life & choice!

I once worked for a company where the owner wore a $20 Casio digital watch but his son wore a Bell&Ross Hydromax. What's wrong with wearing a nicer watch than your boss?

Seiko SARB033.

Very good quality watch. Meets all your needs. Will be regarded as 'just a Seiko' by the general public so I doubt there would be any issues of whether it is seen as a cheap or expensive watch.
    MZhammer, shemp55 and Der Amf like this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Go back to Christopher Ward....Great watches at great prices. They should have something that fits your needs.
    shemp55 likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

You already own a C60 and if you like yours as much as I do mine how about another one? The C5 or C9 spring to mind.
    If wearing a better watch than your boss is wrong then I'm in big trouble.

Lots of choices in your price and size range. And as for a subordinate wearing a more expensive watch than his boss...well, I wear a more expensive watch than my boss and his boss and they seem to like me fine. Well, my boss, at least. His boss is a snake.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

+1 on anything Seiko, even a King or Grand. The brand flies so far under the radar of any non-WIS you'll be golden and whatever you're comfortable spending you'll get a great quality watch for the price.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

If you like Hamilton, check out the Intra-matic or Viewmaster Slim. Very appropriate for work, good quality, and no one will think twice about what you're wearing and how much it costs. My watch is more "high end" compared to my boss's, but no one has any idea what it costs, as it's not a Rolex, Omega, or ROO. But you're right - don't go for big and flashy, go for classy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 Seiko SARB. Can work on bracelet or leather, is good quality without being overly showy.

Nothing wrong with wearing a nicer watch than your superiors, as long as it shows a bit of taste! Can't go wrong with the aforementioned Seiko or Hamiltons.
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 8500 Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day/Date Casio G-Shock DW-9052 TAG Heuer Formula 1 Lavina Manual Wind (Vintage 1940s) Swiss Military 6-512.15 Titanium

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information