Stuck between 2 watchs: SARB017 vs Hamilton King Khaki
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Stuck between 2 watchs: SARB017 vs Hamilton King Khaki

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stuck between 2 watchs: SARB017 vs Hamilton King Khaki

I am looking to purchase a new watch, I am still new to the game. Mainly looking for something more professional/dress that I can wear with a dress shirt, yet take out on a hike. I am very active so I don't want to spend too much on something I can possibly break. The two watches I have narrowed down to are the SARB017, it has all the features I want, but I feel the green dial is hard to pull off and finally the Hamilton King Khaki. What do you guys think I should go with? also any other suggestions? I am trying to stay under $500, go with a more reliable and robust time piece. Thank you for any suggestions

Re: Stuck between 2 watchs: SARB017 vs Hamilton King Khaki

King Khaki gets my vote.

While it's absolutely a nice watch, the green dial on the sarb doesn't go well with everything. If you're looking for one watch to rule them all, the white on black scheme of the Hamilton is pretty versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither are really a dress watch.
    The SARB017 has a steel caseback while the King has a display caseback.
    The Khaki King may be the most suitable since it can pull off both a dress look and a casual look.
    I would still recommend a Casio for your hikes since sapphire can still be smashed, but not scratched.
    If Dr.House can pull it off I am sure that you can too for a dressy occasion.
    Name:  Dr.House Watch.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  70.3 KB
    Current Collection

| Rolex Date | Hamilton Khaki Mechanical | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Seiko 5 SNK809 | NTH Scorpène | Melbourne Portsea | Halios Seaforth Series III |

Instagram: @confusedwristwatches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you care about matching the watch to your clothes (which is something most of us care about) then you should go with a black or white dial... The Hamilton.

If you don't care about that, the Seiko is nicer looking and has more features, like a compass.

My girlfriend is a hiker and absolutely loves the Alpinist, she would get it if it was slightly smaller.

Can't go wrong with either. But if we consider only cost, features, and look without considering what clothes the watch goes with, I pick the SARB017.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Sevenmack and Ocatine like this.
    Damn it! Am I late again!?

The SARB is a lovely bit of kit but because you want to dress it up a bit I'd go Hammy
    Ocatine likes this.

The green of the SARB dial is pretty dark in a lot of circumstances, and I had no problem wearing it with a variety of dress shirts, suits, etc. My vote is to the Seiko.

Name:  P1010931.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  1.07 MB

kum

Even though I own an Alpinist, my vote goes with Hamilton. Seiko is more like a collector must have than a dress watch. BTW, for dress I have an Cocktail Time ;)
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Neither watch appeals to me. The SARB017's dial (along with that of the SARG007) is the most-refined of any field watch I've ever seen. But the green and gold color combination is ghastly. The Khaki's dial combination is nicer. But the watch itself is unrefined, a ruffian among watches, and one I wouldn't even think of wearing.

Since this is your wrist and your wallet and your choice, I would choose the SARB017. But as I mentioned, there is also the SARG007 and SARG005, both of which are better-looking and have nicer color schemes than the previously-mentioned watches. Both can be worn at the office or at a semi-formal affair. Whichever watch you choose, wear it in great health!
    Name:  sarg007.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  128.9 KB
    Name:  SARG005.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  75.8 KB
    soundscape likes this.
    Invicta 2875, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater, 1965 Seiko Sportsmatic 5 Weekdater, 1940s Doxa with Small Seconds, Early 1950s Seiko (Still identifying movement), Bulova 96A110 Mechanical, Stuhrling Millenial Ravine Hand-Wind, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8651, Stuhrling Original Zeppelin Skeleton, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern, Stuhrling Original Tuskegee Flier, Stuhrling Original Executive II, Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065, Seiko Presage SARX015, Bulova Precisionist Wilton, Bulova Precisionist 98B224 Big Blue, Eterna KonTiki Date, Citizen World Perpetual A-T, Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-07A Silver Ice, FitBit Charge 2

Thanks for your input, I already have a protrek for my hiking, but I am still a rough person day to day, wouldn't mind the extra durability

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenmack View Post
    Neither watch appeals to me. The SARB017's dial (along with that of the SARG007) is the most-refined of any field watch I've ever seen. But the green and gold color combination is ghastly. The Khaki's dial combination is nicer. But the watch itself is unrefined, a ruffian among watches, and one I wouldn't even think of wearing.

Since this is your wrist and your wallet and your choice, I would choose the SARB017. But as I mentioned, there is also the SARG007 and SARG005, both of which are better-looking and have nicer color schemes than the previously-mentioned watches. Both can be worn at the office or at a semi-formal affair. Whichever watch you choose, wear it in great health!
    Name:  sarg007.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  128.9 KB
    Name:  SARG005.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  75.8 KB
    Thank you for your input, are both the SARB017 and SARG007 same diashock movement as in the Alpinist?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information