Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex DK
  • 3 Post By SteamJ
  • 3 Post By Stuckx
  • 1 Post By Rattrapante Pete
  • 1 Post By DR. NO

Thread: Stuckx Watches...

Stuckx Watches...

What have you guys heard about this new company? http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2014...ing-dutch.html
    Last edited by DR. NO; October 20th, 2014 at 05:18.

Re: Stuckx Watches...

Quote Originally Posted by DR. NO View Post
    What have you guys heard about this new company? OceanicTime: STUCKX Infinite EIGHT [going DUTCH]
    Nothing until reading that post. Seems fine, but like a lot of other microbrand/start-up/crowd-funded divers. Stainless steel case, optional sapphire, rubber strap, $3-400. The Seiko movement is a little unique at least, but it's a lower end movement. Like a lot of micro divers, it will sell or not based on wearability and looks, provided it doesn't have any real issues.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

They are active in their pre-order thread; https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/stu...d-1079308.html
    DR. NO likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks nice. But these project watches...unless it's big enough to drive comments and sales, the project gets shuffled off to one side while they concentrate on something that will make them money. I ordered the Challenger Luna (7751 triple-date moonphase chrono) at the same time as the Challenger Rattrapante...still waiting for that watch, which is I believe a little easier to deal with vis-a-vis assembly than the Rattrapante. Only order POPULAR watches through these things is my recommendation!

This is the first project for this new micro. Stephan has been a distributor of several other micros in Europe for years so he knows the business. I heard good first-hand reports on it from other micros that were in China recently. Timing willing I may have a loaner from him in my hands for the next Dallas GTG.
    thekody, Stuckx and DR. NO like this.
    - Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Rattrapante Pete View Post
    Looks nice. But these project watches...unless it's big enough to drive comments and sales, the project gets shuffled off to one side while they concentrate on something that will make them money. I ordered the Challenger Luna (7751 triple-date moonphase chrono) at the same time as the Challenger Rattrapante...still waiting for that watch, which is I believe a little easier to deal with vis-a-vis assembly than the Rattrapante. Only order POPULAR watches through these things is my recommendation!
    Somehow totally missed this thread. You are right about the Luna RatPete (it is me having sold that to you , wearing my FORaSEC cap). Delays are incredible. However that is managed not by me but by TNT, the manufacturing brand. As FORaSEC I acted as sales partner for them. I push but cannot turn the knobs so to speak. Please keep the faith, it might be TNT underestimated the effort it takes them, but it will get there. We just posted some pics on the FaS Facebook page with pictures.

Stuckx is my first step as micro brand myself. I know the others and have good contacts with all, also as sales partner of some. But also in my case I have a personal idea about watches and branding. Stuckx is a very serious effort to enter the "trustworthy" micro market, albeit with a funky, not always serious-tone-of-voice brand style.

Maybe you had a look at the thread I started today about our non-comformist conversation piece: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/off...d-1137074.html

We like to make watches that we like ourselves, but we are convinced there is a viable business plan in it as well. We have strong contacts in the making industry which actually gives us some benefit versus other parties. I can imagine a certain reservation versus "yet another" micro brand. I would probably join you if it wasn't about my brand.

Let's say we will look back a year from now. One thing I know for sure: it won't be easy. But I will try hard, damned hard.
    dbostedo, DR. NO and fachiro1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckx View Post
    Somehow totally missed this thread. You are right about the Luna RatPete (it is me having sold that to you , wearing my FORaSEC cap). Delays are incredible. However that is managed not by me but by TNT, the manufacturing brand.
    For what it's worth, I quite like the Stuckx watches. I wouldn't wear the crazy one, but the others are very handsome, and if they get enough exposure I think you'll sell a bunch. Best of luck. And the new Luna pics make me wonder if I might see that watch before the one-year anniversary of having ordered it!
    Stuckx likes this.

Thanks for the replies...and thanks Stephan for jumping in. I've got my pre-order in for the Infinite 8. SteamJ if you get your hands on that loaner make sure you post pics!
    Last edited by DR. NO; October 21st, 2014 at 01:53.
    Stuckx likes this.

Thread Information