Stunt Watch Mystery

Thread: Stunt Watch Mystery

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Stunt Watch Mystery

I've owned & maintained a "Stunt Watch" I bought for < $90 US sometime in the 90s. Google searches have returned nothing but some 90's adverts & a lot of dead links. I've never really given this watch much thought beyond ensuring a dead batt doesn't corrode in it. It's very small for a men's sport watch relative to today's fashions: dial 26 mm diam, case 37 mm excl screw-down, 2 stage crown. Black dial w/lumed chapter symbols, titanium case & bracelet, unidirectional (counter clockwise) titanium grey bezel w/lumed large dot @ 12:00 - bzl has chapter markers for
    1st 15 min (outer 3/4 black etched into grey titanium w/inner quarter white) inpointing equilateral triangles w/15, 30, & 45 Arabic numerals. Low MSRP belies apparent better than expected
    workmanship for mass-produced Japanese mvmt. Caseback reads "STUNT TITANIUM" w/#s
    8500 above S013, 100M WR, SHOCK RESISTANT, JAPAN MOVEMENT & TITANIUM complete circular engraving on caseback. Have original padded rectangular soft zippered black case w/ alt black leather strap & small link removal tool. No papers or receipt. Anyone know anything about this piece? Thanks in advance - emferret.

Re: Stunt Watch Mystery

Could you post some pics? Might help us "research geeks". Thanks.

Angry Re: Stunt Watch Mystery

Unfortunately, my 'Droid's camera is dead & the 'Droid is my only internet link. Kinda ironic for a retired network engineer, but I refuse to let any type of PCIn the house (easy, since I live alone). Since I've been able to hook the Android 3 via HDMI cable to my 40" Sony 1080p, I practically have a PC anyway...

I just lost an hour's worth of pecking at this 3.875 inch keyboard w/a more detailed description when it just vanished...so forget it. If it was of any value &/or rarity, droves would know about it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Does it happen to look similar to this?

Name:  001 (2).jpg
Views: 2898
Size:  94.1 KBName:  002.jpg
Views: 2862
Size:  111.7 KB

This is my second one that I got out of an Asian source about a year ago. My original one was sold by Eddie Bauer back in 1989-1990 time frame. From what I can gather, the watch was built by Sicura which was obtained by Breitling, and was sold under the Breitling name as the Military model. http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_details/Unclassified_120.html

I
    am looking for on of the US model, as it did not have the funky red lines in it.
    Last edited by V2A2; December 6th, 2011 at 23:52.

My dad bought one in the late 80s, he still wears it occasionally. I recently found another one for myself, group picture of father and son:

I bought one around 1993 from Argos in th UK and loved it! I tested it to the limited of indestructiblity as a teenager, hitting it with hammers etc until around 1995 when it was finally smashed on shoreline rocks by a friend who took the challenge too seriously! Would love to get hold of another one now if anyone knows where?

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    I bought one around 1993 from Argos in th UK and loved it! I tested it to the limited of indestructiblity as a teenager, hitting it with hammers etc until around 1995 when it was finally smashed on shoreline rocks by a friend who took the challenge too seriously! Would love to get hold of another one now if anyone knows where?
    Hello Bell,

still looking for a Stunt Watch? In case yes, I am ready to let my one go )

Brgds

Horst ([email protected])

I also have a Stunt watch from the 80's in my collection.
    Story I got was it was supposed to compete with Tag H but never got off the ground financially.
    Anyone else have a background story?
    I have attached 2 photos - front and back.
    The band is stainless brushed and chrome link.
    Case is 37mm and 40mm with crown.
    Weighs 178grams which for the 80's is quite hefty!
    It is a diver's with with rotating bezel.
    I believe it is titanium body, but not sure .
    Maybe someone can tell me.
    It is in very good condition and wear is age appropriate.
    The watch could use a polishing on back and glass.
    Anyone else want to sharethier 'Stunt' watch models.
    Attached Images Attached Images

your watch is stainless steel.

Thanks for the info!
    I thought as much and I appreciate the confirmation.
    I was suspicious that there was no 'marking' other than the watch body being titanium in color.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information