Sub-$1000 non-diver GMT watch: Orient Star, a couple of Hammys, what else?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sub-$1000 non-diver GMT watch: Orient Star, a couple of Hammys, what else?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seems to be a tough watch to find. Besides V-E (lacking a style a like) and a non-Star Orient (too small), my only choices so far:

Orient Star Seeker

Hamilton Men's Khaki Navy GMT Watch H77615833

Hamilton Men's Khaki Navy GMT Watch H77555135

Any others? This combo of non-diver and semi-affordable price is very limiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Sub-$1000 non-diver GMT watch: Orient Star, a couple of Hammys, what else?

Here is something different:

Bulova has some Accutron GMT's for small dollars here is one example:

Citizen Nighthawk?
    Bernhardt F71 095--G. Gerlach Orange Otago 151--Lew & Huey White & Red Acionna 009 White & Blue Cerberus 045 Black A Dial Phantom--Getat 6497--Omax 17 jewel manual--Seiko Premier SNP091--Vostok Amphibian Cadet Komandirskie

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seiko SUN017P1

Last edited by mleok; July 5th, 2014 at 02:45.
    Domo likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

You'll be rapt with the Orient Star if it has to be mechanical. If not, mleok's suggestion of a Seiko Kinetic is a good one too. There's a few more styles and I hate to use the phrase, but the 'fit and finish' is top notch for the price.

Inactive

Are those Hammys actually a GMT? Or is it just tracking multiple timezones with the rotating bezel?

Of those the Orient Star GMT in white, but I'm biased.

Yes it must be mechanical. Sorry I didn't specify. Though I am tempted by the Nighthawk. I have an Amazon coupon for 20% off up to $500 so a Titanium model would max that out nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe Steinhart Vintage GMT (pic borrowed)

I briefly owned this and was super impressed. I couldn't get past the 42mm size (too big for my taste), but otherwise a really nice piece.

The Orient Star Seeker is a fantastic watch and the only difficult bit is deciding on the black or white one.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    The Orient Star Seeker is a fantastic watch and the only difficult bit is deciding on the black or white one.
    Y'all convinced me, I now have an OS Seeker on order. $455 shipped from Creation Watches. And you were right, the color choice was tough, but in the end I picked the black dial, since this will alternate with my white-dial chrono in my rotation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    rfortson and cuchulain like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information