Which sub-forum for an all-around watch hussy?

Thread: Which sub-forum for an all-around watch hussy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which sub-forum for an all-around watch hussy?

Hi everyone, second post from a newbie here, but I've been lurking here for months, so I figured no one would bite if I just went ahead and registered already. :)

I'm one of the few, the proud, the female geek. No girly watches for me. My girly Orient Star is close as I'll get to that. I'm the kind of girl who looks at a Sinn 356 UTC, or a Casio Mission Impossible III watch and think "I'll have one of those." If it's interesting, chances are I'll like it. Quartz, manual-wind, automatic, it doesn't matter. I have a soft spot for all of them. For instance, my two favs at the moment are the Sinn 356 UTC and Stowa Antea KS... but I'm stoked about my latest purchase, a Citizen Eco-Drive Elegance chrono. (It helps sooth the Campanolo urge)

The dilemma is which subfora in which to make my home. Certainly I'll be comfy in the Sinn and Stowa forums, but I also think that Seiko/Citizen/Orient has a LOT to offer. I think that the affordable watches are getting better and better. I like the military look. I like the Bauhaus look. I like anything that I think looks cool.

I'm simply a watch hussy. How do you guys and gals settle on one type? Am I just hopeless?

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Re: Which sub-forum for an all-around watch hussy?

Its a tough ask! Hello and welcome to our fora. There is no rule nor mandate that you stick to one or two. It just depends on how much time you have up your sleeve and desire to participate. So have fun and we look forward to seeing you around the place. If you like a freindly bunch drop by the 'Breitling'ers and have a chat.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

LOL, my husband was complaining about plain watches today. And I said I had a solution to that, and showed him some Breitlings. He liked, but the problem with us is that we like the same stuff. 3k+ is bad enough, but you always have to multiply it times 2.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Now granted, I'm not female, but I know what you mean about not knowing where to go. I basically sign in, and then click the "New Posts" button. This shows me what all has been active since my last sign-in, and I then can pick and choose what to read from that.

Sure, it means I'm a floater over the whole board, but hey, what do I care? Everybody here loves watches!

Why choose one or two. Pick all of them. You can learn and see alot more by checking them all out. Doesn't mean you have to participate in all.

Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    Why choose one or two. Pick all of them. You can learn and see alot more by checking them all out. Doesn't mean you have to participate in all.
    I was afraid that would be the only solution. That's going to get expensive. ;)

The Sinn 356 was supposedly my last watch, and I've gotten 3 since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsong View Post
    I was afraid that would be the only solution. That's going to get expensive. ;)

The Sinn 356 was supposedly my last watch, and I've gotten 3 since then.
    Welcome aboard! Lots of us have told our spouses or ourselves that it's the last one for at least a while.....but, that's part of the sickness being a WIS. We're always looking for the next watch. Then, let's not even get started on the fun of getting different straps for a watch!

Yes I'm getting a Chronissimo for the 356. I then get to play the "will it give me an insta-rash?" game because many leather straps just make me break out instantly, even ones with stainless steel or plastic buckles. The one that came with the Flieger II certainly did, but the one that came with the Stowea Antea, and it's replacement, a di-Modell Oregon, did not. I'm hoping that the Chronissimo, being a di-modell, also won't but you never know.

NEG

Yes, welcome to the forum. I sorta 'float' about the whole forum but tend to gravitate towards the Russian and Affordable section, a very friendly bunch on the whole Oh, BTW any chance you could change your sig so the pics run horizontal instead of vertical? Saves a lot of scrolling...

Quote Originally Posted by NEG View Post
    Yes, welcome to the forum. I sorta 'float' about the whole forum but tend to gravitate towards the Russian and Affordable section, a very friendly bunch on the whole Oh, BTW any chance you could change your sig so the pics run horizontal instead of vertical? Saves a lot of scrolling...
    NEG, that's your problem, not hers My monitor here at work is set to 1280x1024, and they ARE horizontal - are you at 1024x768, or 800x600?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information