Suggest an everyday watch for $1000-1500?

Thread: Suggest an everyday watch for $1000-1500?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suggest an everyday watch for $1000-1500?

I know there are a lot of topics like this but every time I see one I learn about a new watch or see something cool I hadn't thought of before, it seems like there are almost endless watches out there.

I'm tired of my current watches (all under $350) and I want to bump my budget up for a new watch to wear for work every day. I'm looking for something 36-40mm that is not too dressy and not too sporty - somewhere in the middle. Something nice but doesn't wear too large. Things I've already looked at include the Nomos Club, everything by Junghans, Ball Trainmaster (possibly too large?), a lot of vintage Omegas, Seiko Presage, and the Sinn 556. I sort of ruled out the Sinn 556 because I think the face is just a little too boring but everything else is on the table. What I *want* is an Omega Railmaster or a Neomatic Atlantic but those are both way over budget so something with a similar look would be nice. Also willing to entertain quartz watches if they have something that makes them interesting. What am I overlooking?

Nice to have features but not required:
    Automatic
    Sapphire
    Display Back
    GMT
    Chronograph
    Arabic numerals
    Tritium or really good lume

Re: Suggest an everyday watch for $1000-1500?

Sinn 104 is a common suggestion at this price point. Monta comes to mind too since they have a GMT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Do you want both GMT and chronograph, or just one? The combination will really limit your options. (Sinn does one, as you know.)

Christopher Ward does some smart-looking GMTs.

Here are some other random suggestions (not my photos):

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Monta Triumph if your going for the Railmaster look. I’ve owned the Railmaster and besides the movement, this Monta takes the lead over it with its more perfect size and better bracelet than the Omega. I’m borrowing the Monta from a friend but it’s already next on my list. Some of my photos:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to also suggest a Monta (either Atlas if you stretch your budget a bit or Triumph) but it looks like several beat me too it.

I just picked up a Monta Oceanking and have an Atlas on pre-order. The Oceanking is phenomenal and Monta’s customer service has been great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Monta is a good suggestion thanks

I noticed several suggestions for Sinn--have things changed? The Sinns that I have owned have had really poor lume--yet, the OP suggests that lume is very important.

I would recommend taking a look at my favorite brand--Ball--with tritium lume and many GMT or Chronographs (but not both). Some of these are worth pursuing in the aftermarket--here are a couple of GMTs I had until I sold them recently, and also one Chronograph (Cannonball) which I still have, and love, even though I really don't need or use the actual chronograph function all that much. All Sapphire crystals, automatics, display backs, Arabic numerals... They also have several Aviator GMTs, among others (though maybe no display backs on those).
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you're willing to stretch the budget to $1615, the Monta atlas fits every single category you listed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'll add to my initial recommendation: every video, every article, and every comment I have seen on Monta has been nothing but positive. I have the atlas pre-ordered in slate gray variant and can't wait to get it.

Many of thier customers range from Rolex, Tudor owners like myself and other watch collectors buying thier first luxury piece, and they're just excited for anyone to be part of thier culture and brand. They're doing incredible things.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I say Monta. But if you really want an omega just save a little more. I got my midsize seamaster for a little bit over 2k. I always think it’s best to just save and get what you really want unless that watch is like 20x your budget. Save up another grand and there’s plenty of great watches.

I almost went with Monta but was concerned with the clasp being too big for my tiny wrist

Name:  2C8128A3-47BA-4221-8A88-A58E542B2FD5.jpeg
Views: 40
Size:  1.51 MB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information