Suggest me a entry level luxury watch! - Page 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Suggest me a entry level luxury watch!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Suggest me a entry level luxury watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    This again, a definition is needed for entry and luxury watch.
    Your usual non-helpful self I see. Did his extensive criteria not satisfy your needs? Do you even bother to read the post or just knee jerk when reading the title?

I think you are describing what might be called an all-rounder. Works with a business suit as well as office casual and jeans. How about skipping the Pelagos and going to a more versatile Tudor North Flag. Comes on a strap or bracelet.
    Name:  Tudor_North_Flag_case-live-560.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  75.9 KB

G07

He needs to get out his parent's basement more often :)

Quote Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen View Post
    Your usual non-helpful self I see. Did his extensive criteria not satisfy your needs? Do you even bother to read the post or just knee jerk when reading the title?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Breitling Superocean Heritage I. Seems to check most of your boxes and may scratch your diver itch as well. Also, I wear mine with a suit for work everyday, no problems with cuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the low end of your budget I'd be thinking Oris or Longines.
    But my choice would be used Omega AT, SP, or first generation Planet Ocean.

If it was me I'd save to $5k and then options open up quite a bit. If you are looking for more of a single every day wear I'd look at a gently used Rolex Explorer 214270 and pass on Tudor. The extra $1k makes a world of difference here if you can find the right deal.

Banned

Last edited by priamo; November 13th, 2017 at 07:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Michielk View Post
    Hello,

I bought my first real automatic watch two years ago for my 30th birthday: a Tissot Powermatic 80 with anthracit dial (link). For me, it offers great value: completely swiss made, "in house" movement (ETA based) with an impressive 80 hour powerreserve, and date. Has a Sapphire crystal and a pretty good bracelet with a nice clasp system. The dial also has a nice depth to it. It's also running very accurate, even though it is a not a chronometer it keeps within COSC without issue (about -0.5s/day at the moment, very impressed with this).

Anyway, I'm very happy with the watch and I'm looking for my next/second or third automatic watch, this time an (entry level) luxury watch.

Requirements?
    - budget between 2 to 4.000€
    - luxury brand with some heritage (yet, preferable not a top of mind brand for the general public)
    - automatic movement, don't care about COSC certification but should keep time +/- 4s/d
    - water resistant minimum 100m (real) (suitable for showering, swimming, snorkling, rafting, anything in water except proper diving)
    - great lume (I wear my watch while sleeping)
    - simple, elegant, timeless, dial shouldn't be too busy, less is more, neutral colors (black, grey, ) but a small color accent is ok
    - high quality build material, high quality sapphire crystal
    - date or daydate would be nice, but not a requirement
    - fit under a dress shirt, work well with a dress shirt for work, jeans+jacket or even a suit (occasionally); minimum dial size 36mm, preferable around 40mm.
    - bracelent undecided, I always like a decent stainless bracelet but leather is also acceptable
    - I love small details, like a clasp with a logo, roulette date dial, a nod to a historic model (from same brand), etc.

I've also always wanted a true diver, and have pretty much decided on a Tudor Pelagos (I prefer the design of the first generation (two lines, 3 o'clock marker, thinner), but would also love the in house movement). But a tool/diver like the pelagos is pretty big and not really that suitable for a suit or dress shirts. So I may purchase a more formal model first. I was looking at a Tudor Heritage Black Bay 41 (love the clasp that comes with the leather bracelet), but it seems silly to own two tudors when there are so many lovely watches/brands out there. Then I thought about a used Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date (ref 1500 or something) or a Explorer 1 (if there are any in my price range). Even though Rolex is an A-brand, most people only recognise a submariner, and I would only wear on a very formal occassions.

thanks for your suggestions,
    kind regards, Michiel.
    A diver that is Not a diver, no timing bezel, 200m WR

Carrera997 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michielk View Post
    - I love small details, like a clasp with a logo, roulette date dial, a nod to a historic model (from same brand), etc.

By 'roulette date dial', I'm guessing you mean pointer date like these? More often they are found on watches in a little dressier style than what you may be thinking of.

Name:  montblanc-star-baume-mercier-clifton-complete-calendar_zps5d288d33.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  90.1 KB

This Oris might be more suitable and fulfil your requirement for substantial lume.

Name:  21510_01 754 7696 4064-07 5 20 51_horizontale.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  48.2 KB
    Bulova> 96A225. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710, 214270. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SARG007, SBDX017, SLA017, SRP777.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayoungentrepreneur View Post
    Omega Seamaster Pro ceramic

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mak1277 View Post
    Omega AT all the way.
    I agree: Omega, it's a no brainer for me. Seamaster Pro ceramic blue or speedmaster double sapphire (second hand to be in budget)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information