Suggest me a entry level luxury watch! - Page 3
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Suggest me a entry level luxury watch!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Suggest me a entry level luxury watch!

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm:

Fantasio likes this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Longines Legend Diver or Hydroconquest 39mm?

Hello,

with roulette datewheel I mean a two-colored datewheel (red/black) like on the Pelagos 25600TNL LHD. Thanks for the suggestions so far! Definatly some watches I hadn't considered, or even knew off!

I need to go to Zurich this week (I know, not cheaper then in Belgium) but I expect to have some time to kill on thursday before my flight back. I know they have a IWC shop and also a Rolex dealer. So I'll try to go and have a look at the IWC Pilot watch that was suggested and will also go to see for a Rolex (Explorer I, II and Datejust). At the moment I'm leaning towards the Datejust 41mm with oyster bracelet and black or anthracit dial. Not really under the radar anymore, but at least it's not a submariner. I would need to save up some longer as they go for at least 5.500€.

This would replace my Tissot then (although I'd keep it for when I don't want to wear the Rolex) and would hopefully postpone the purchase of a diver. This already offers the water resistance that I crave and also has some lume (can't compare with the Pelagos, but then again, I don't dive).

I guess I'll be selling my motorbike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would say omega seamaster. I have a quartz i enjoy and might let go

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since you said you want a watch that is relatively obscure to the public I’d say go with the Tudor you were thinking of. Simple, elegant timeless = black bay 36?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

You say the Powermatic 80 is ETA based ? Afaik it is just an ETA C07.111. So not ETA based but ETA made, used by other Swatch Group brands (Certina, Hamilton) as well. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; November 13th, 2017 at 18:27.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Does entry level and luxury belong in the same sentence. Isn't that an oxymoron. Because if something is entry level can it rise to the level of a luxury.

And one persons entry level could be another persons luxury.

It's like say something is affordable. Well, to whom?

Banned

Good questions to ponder. The OP did state his range is 2k-4k EURO.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    You say the Powermatic 80 is ETA based ? Afaik it is just an ETA C07.111. So not ETA based but ETA made, used by other Swatch Group brands (Certina, Hamilton) as well. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Dear sir,

I stand corrected. It is indeed a C07 which is in fact a heavily modified ETA 2824-2 (hence my mistake). At that time I wasn't that into watches and assumed that Tissot did the modding. Either way, I still stand by my purchase. It a great looking watch, I still often admire the dial, with the 80 hour reserve I though it was a good purchase.

The C07 is in fact a heavily modified ETA 2824-2 movement, which we are all very familiar with. And like the 2824-2 it’s a hand-winding, hacking automatic with date, but 2 less jewels for a total of 23. The first and only noticeable major difference is that the frequency of the movement has been reduced from 28,800 to 21,600 bph, which reduces the overall energy consumption of the movement. You will see the effect of this in the sweep of the seconds hand, as the smoothness will be visually reduced. The hand will now tick 6 times per second rather than 8.
    Back on topic, I have been lusting over a Rolex the last few days. Especially a used Explorer II, used datejust or new steel 41mm datejust II (grey dial, steel polished ring). But I think I just won't be comfortable wearing such an expensive watch. My idea was really that I would have a great watch that I can take swimming and that doesn't scream "I'm rich" or "steal me". I still believe the Pelagos will tick those boxes. And maybe I can later add a vintage dress watch if I get sick of the Tissot.

But on thursday I'll still try to find some time to visit Rolex and see if I'm blow away when I see the datejust in person. Or even explorer for that matter, but I'm not a fan of the numeral 3-6-9 on the dial.

Oh, there were few remarks about my title with entry level and luxury. I must apologis, I wasn't aware this is such a sensitive topic on these forums. I know people can ask generally similar questions, but I did my best to specify what I'm looking for with a price range as well. I hope this helps to portray what I feel fits under entry-level and luxury.

There were also some suggestions for a Omega Seamaster. I think Omega is a good suggestion, it is a good known brand but to me doesn't scream "expensive" like rolex. Don't ask me why, I just feel that way. I did went to the AD to have a look at a black Omega Seamaster professional 300m. They seem to be great watches but I'm just not that attracted to them. The dial with the round markers, the 11 at 12 o'clock, the skeleton hands.... not to mention the bracelet, these style bracelet (like jubilee) always remind me of a old guy, bracelet of the watch too loose, a prison-style anchor tattoo, gold necklace and some grey chesthairs protruding. No offense to anybody that looks like that, or likes the seamaster. But I just don't like the look of it.

Tudor BB, great quality watch, and I know they have true heritage, but I'd think I'd thinking about a submariner each time I look at it. I think the Pelagos is much more unique in styling.
    Last edited by Michielk; November 14th, 2017 at 22:31.

I recommend the Explorer to everyone, but if you don’t go with a Rolex I would look at the following (in order of preference):

- Aqua Terra 38.5mm
    - IWC Mark XVIII
    - Tudor BB36
    - Nomos Tangente
    - Sinn 556
    - Tag Heuer Carerra,

depending on style. These are all everyday wearers, and all 40mm or less.
    Last edited by Berty234; November 14th, 2017 at 22:42.
    Omega Speedmaster FOIS - Rolex Datejust 126200 - and others that come and go!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information