Suggest very affordable dressy white/silver dial automatic chronograph with Swiss movement
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suggest very affordable dressy white/silver dial automatic chronograph with Swiss movement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    opt

Suggest very affordable dressy white/silver dial automatic chronograph with Swiss movement

This might be very utopistic effort but I want to know if there are affordable chronos around. I would seek something in second hand. My budget is around 500€ or 650$ and I know it's not much but maybe I can push the limit further if I find the right kind of watch. I know that the German watchmaker UHR have model 275 which costs 500€ with Valjoux 7750 movement for new and I like the model quite much but I want to know if there is same kind of alternatives. I have seen some older chrono models of Kienzle, Zeno and Mido which are interesting but have you some suggestions for other affordable brands or models I should look for? My favourite chrono is a TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 so the watch could look like it but it could be more rounder vintage style also...

So I'm looking for a chronograph which has:

Swiss automatic movement
    White or silver dial
    I prefer indexes only dial, no numerals
    Size at least 40mm
    No tachymeter bezel, but the tachymeter could be on the dial inside the glass
    Two or three sub dials preferable white/silver too
    Leather strap but it could be SS bracelet too

The TAG:

Kienzle

UHR
    Last edited by opt; February 8th, 2012 at 03:45.

Re: Suggest very affordable dressy white/silver dial automatic chronograph with Swiss movement

Oris Artelier Chrono?

Last edited by epbrown01; February 8th, 2012 at 15:32.

Re: Suggest very affordable dressy white/silver dial automatic chronograph with Swiss movement

Swiss Army Ambassador XL Chrono... Can be had for about $700 Gray market.. (Obviously change the strap, but you'd have to deal with numerals)

Last edited by Doboji; February 8th, 2012 at 15:38.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Or this? Tissot Le Locle on Amazon in the 600s...

Name:  tissot chrono.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  24.5 KB
    Manolete likes this.

opt

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately neither of the suggestion were to my liking. That Oris model is not a chronograph, I guess it's a small second model and Orises are quite busy with their dials and I would prefer more simple approach. Swiss Army could be fine suggestion but it has those numerals which are no no to me. What bothers me in Tissot are the different size sub dials, it kinda look a little odd ball to me and it's maybe too modern looking for me. I know, I'm very picky. :)

But I made some more research and found out that Certina has this DS 1 Chrono which is so so... It's very much like TAG but I'm distracted by the grey rings of the sub dials and that black tachymeter. The watch is better looking with black dial IMO...
    Name:  s28_certina_ds_1.jpg
Views: 2257
Size:  62.2 KB
    Last edited by opt; February 9th, 2012 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    Or this? Tissot Le Locle on Amazon in the 600s...

Name:  tissot chrono.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  24.5 KB
    Whoops...this is the PRC200, not the Le Locle, which is about $500 more expensive. To the OP, Doboji is correct, the PRC200 is a great option, and therefore a great recommendation!

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

There's only one answer here, as far as I'm concerned. Accutron Gemini 26C01.

Probably the dressiest 7750 chrono out there at an affordable price. I have a 26C02, which is the black dial. 42mm, great accuracy, dressy enough for most occasions. Brand new, they're under $600 easy if you go gray market, more like $400 if you go used. I have seen $450 for new before though.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

opt

Well now were are talking business. Have to check that Accutron. The Tissot Le Locle has too long second indexes to my liking, it looks a little weird. Other than that it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    There's only one answer here, as far as I'm concerned. Accutron Gemini 26C01.

Probably the dressiest 7750 chrono out there at an affordable price. I have a 26C02, which is the black dial. 42mm, great accuracy, dressy enough for most occasions. Brand new, they're under $600 easy if you go gray market, more like $400 if you go used. I have seen $450 for new before though.
    Agreed...a great option...if you can find it. That model seems shopped out at good grey market prices. Disappointing.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959 View Post
    Agreed...a great option...if you can find it. That model seems shopped out at good grey market prices. Disappointing.
    Ashford (if they can be trusted) has them for a song.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information