Suggestions for a chronograph which will be my next purchase
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suggestions for a chronograph which will be my next purchase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hey guys, so I decided I really need a chronograph to add to my collection - Size should be between 38 - 43 mm (smaller side as I have small wrists), be 100 m water resistant or greater, and price point is anywhere between $1000 - $4000. These criteria are pretty much a must for me, other than that I am open to absolutely any suggestions. I have spend a lot of tie looking, at the moment have my eyes on a Tudor. But I would like to hear the suggestions of you guys here, anyone care to drop in with a suggestion?? Thanks :)
    Last edited by iamapoorunistudent; February 13th, 2013 at 16:51.

Re: Suggestions for a chronograph which will be my next purchase

Here are my two suggestions:
    Longines HydroConquest chrono: Official Longines website - Longines Swiss Watchmakers since 1832
    If you are looking for something dressier, maybe Sinn 6000: Sinn Uhren: Modell 6000

If you live in the US, you will be able to land a Speedy Pro for this price (not 100m WR though). This is where I would look. Also you may be able to find a Zenith El Primero you like on the grey market (try Ashford) for $4,000. Either of these would be excellent choices.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd go with a Speedmaster, Monaco, or the Tudor Heritage Chrono. I've also fallen in love with the Omega SMP Chrono. It's really thick but is only 41.5mm which makes it very wearable.

I like some of the newer Hamilton's with the the H21/H31 movement, which gives 60 hours of power reserve.
    The Khaki field auto chrono comes in a 38mm and 42mm version, and has 100m water resistance, but does not have a running seconds hand.
    The Khaki pilot auto chrono is 42mm, and their website claims 200m water resistance.
    The Pan Europe (non LE) clocks in at 45mm, but I believe it has a reasonable lug-to-lug distance, so I've seen pics of folks with smallish wrists wearing it quite well, imo. Also 100m water resist.
    For a more instrument-y/busy look, there's also the X-wind and X-patrol.

I think all of these seem to be available grey market for around $1,200 to $1,500.
    - max
    Oris BC3 Advanced - Lew&Huey Riccardo - Orient Millenium - Seiko new Orange Monster - Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical - Seiko SSC021

Nivrel - Wild Sea, N54100CA SMB

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    Here are my two suggestions:
    Longines HydroConquest chrono: Official Longines website - Longines Swiss Watchmakers since 1832
    If you are looking for something dressier, maybe Sinn 6000: Sinn Uhren: Modell 6000
    The Sinn 6000 is one nice looking watch......

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I've considered all the options listed, personally now I've narrowed it down to two options after much searching, one a hamilton the other a tudor:

Hamilton Jazzmaster Automatic Chronograph Black Dial Mens Watch H32596731 | eBay

New Men's Tudor 20300 Chronograph Stainless Steel & Leather Automatic Watch | eBay

I like them both, but which would you choose? Also consider the brand, etc. I like the Tudor more at the moment, but is it worth paying another $1500 for?

Or possibly this jazzmaster here: http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en/gent...rono/H32616533
    Last edited by iamapoorunistudent; February 15th, 2013 at 04:52.

Tough price point. You can get a lot of value out of Hamilton or Oris at the lower end of your budget. If you can swing a good discount the Super Ocean Heritage chrono can be had. It's 44mm though.

With a bit more money you can open many doors to chronograph nirvana.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information