Suggestions on a dress and a beater to round out the collection!

Thread: Suggestions on a dress and a beater to round out the collection!

Suggestions on a dress and a beater to round out the collection!

So after a year of wearing my Breitling Superocean GMT almost every day, it's time to add to the collection a little. I'm looking for a dress watch for work and a beater to mix things up. I'm telling myself I'm making the purchases so I don't beat up the Breitling too quickly by wearing it every day, but let's be honest; I just want a couple new watches

For the dress watch, I absolutely love the JLC Master Control, but I don't really want to spend that much. I love the wide polished finish around the dial, and can't seem to find a watch that replicates it. Any ideas to cut the price in half would be greatly appreciated! Simple and thin is ideal, but I'm not in love with Bauhaus designs (e.g., Max Bill). I think having some character with the hands and markers goes a long way.

For the beater, I'm looking at a Seiko 5 Sports. There are so many 5s to like, so I'm having trouble narrowing it down. Hopefully you all have a few more ideas. My only real requirement is that it has at least 50m water resistance and isn't more than $250.

I really appreciate your feedback and of course your pictures too! After these two purchases, I'll finally have a proper collection (until I decide I need a chronograph)!

Thanks!
    Last edited by newjobnewwatch; February 17th, 2013 at 22:50.

Thread Information