Now when you are over 30 suddenly you realize that you need a watch. I have not worn any since deep childhood when I even had some Timex with indigo light but that was long time ago and my country that was something really cool at that time.
Starting to dive in world of watches I was surprised about how big and wide is this world and still how hard is to find something that you would really like to have as a first serious watch. I have read a lot forums here, googling and visiting AD trying some on wrist but still after more than couple of months have not found the one to start.
More less I know what I want but I have not seen something that will cover all aspects. So maybe some experience watch experts would suggest some ideas.
· The things that is a MUST is sapphire crystal.
· I felt good with rubber (or any similar material) strap it could also be leather but not bracelet it is not for me.
· About movement actually it is not obligatory to be automatic it could any reliable quartz, solar, kinetic…
· I have about 17cm (6.7inches) wrist and I like middle or even oversized watches. So 40mm or more.
· Dial have to be dark colored (black, dark blue) for sure not white or light colors.
· Perfect if it could be universal for office (jeans&jacket), suitable for free time (t-shirt) and perfect if I even could swim with it (10ATM or more) but not very thick so I quess not divers at least I have not seen any I found suitable.
· I looking for new or mint and at the moment budget is ~1000EUR (~1200USD) if something really nice it could go over but then I will need time to collect extra funds.
· Not very classic and not very overdesigned.
· With Arabic or none numbers but without Romanian numbers
· Nice if there is a moonphase!
Here are some ideas what I find interesting:
I like some or Perrelet or (over my budget and not best comments by watch repair master)
I like Schaumburg meteorite
but this far over my budget similar like Omegas with moonphase.
Oris also could be OK like this one:
One member here is WUS is selling Universal Geneve Okeanos moon timer which is little over my budget but I am not sure to invest before trying on wrist and what could be value drop if I decided to sell it after some time. But is on shortlist.
Somehow Seiko, Citizen and Ball is interesting but I gave not found any model that I really would like.
Maybe perpetual watch chronograph also is a option
So any ideas welcome.
Sorry for long post:)