Suggestions Please ... Big Dress Watch with.....

Thread: Suggestions Please ... Big Dress Watch with.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Suggestions Please ... Big Dress Watch with.....

Gentlemen. Its been a topic that has come up in the past but I am going to test you guys and throw in a couple twists.

I am currently in the market for a dress watch LARGER than 44MM with BLUE HANDS UNDER 3K Retail

The watch must be Automatic or Mechanical NO QUARTZ

Strap or Band doesnt matter as I can always change it.

Currently the leader is the longines master collection since it meets all the criteria but before I take the plunge on that Id really like to see some other models. The research I have done I find pieces mostly under 40MM. Your help is much appreciated. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Banned

Re: Suggestions Please ... Big Dress Watch with.....

Welcome! I'll start with a counter question? Are your wrists really huge, over 8"? Otherwise the dress watch category usually goes to 40mm, not above. Perhaps 42 at the most. But anything larger than 44mm gets hard to wear under a shirt cuff which is where a dress watch usually resides. It is also usually more sporty and has extra complications that a dress watch per definition doesn't have. Some of the pilot's watches might fit the bill, probably something with an ETA 6497 in it, manual wind. BTW, hands can oftentimes also be changed. So if you find one you really like but it doesn't have blue hands, don't be scared away.

Citizen NP3000....

300 bucks... problem is it's just over 43mm....

Attached Images Attached Images

Seiko / Orient / Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nocnoc View Post
    Welcome! I'll start with a counter question? Are your wrists really huge, over 8"? Otherwise the dress watch category usually goes to 40mm, not above. Perhaps 42 at the most. But anything larger than 44mm gets hard to wear under a shirt cuff which is where a dress watch usually resides. It is also usually more sporty and has extra complications that a dress watch per definition doesn't have. Some of the pilot's watches might fit the bill, probably something with an ETA 6497 in it, manual wind. BTW, hands can oftentimes also be changed. So if you find one you really like but it doesn't have blue hands, don't be scared away.
    My Wrists arent super huge but I am a bigger guy. I generally show more cuff than most men which really helps my Timepiece standout. Thanks for the heads up about the hands being changed I did not even think of that. A friend of mine actually does watch repair so I am sure he can change them for me. He is the one who suggested the Longines, but his knowledge mostly resides with swatch group members.

Steinhart Marine Chrono Vintage?

Comes in at 47mm with a decorated 6498 at €420.

If 47mm is too big, they do a 44mm version with either Roman (dressier) or Arabic indices too.

Ω Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00 | Ω Omega Constellation 1966 | Steinhart Nav-B Uhr II handwound | Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red | Seiko SKZ327K1 Stargate | Parnis 'Portuguese' | Sturmanskie Gagarin | Vostok 1967 vintage (1917-1967 anniversary edition) | Casio G-Shock GW-M5600BC custom with GW-M5600 module | Casio A168WA-1YES

Quote Originally Posted by nocnoc View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying (although I do consider my 44mm Bernhardt--coincidentally, with a Unitas 6497--to be a dress watch); you'd think the very nature of being 45mm+ would disqualify it as being a dress watch, and therefore you won't find many. I think a flieger might be the way to go.

Debaufre makes plenty of watches with the Unitas 6497 movement. If you don't have a manual wind watch, OP, I highly suggest it.
    Last edited by Raza; December 1st, 2010 at 15:35.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Sorry but an automatic watch is mechanical !
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

This Sinn is 44mm I believe:

"Using no way as way, having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by HR F1 View Post
    This Sinn is 44mm I believe:

That is a very nice piece... Ill definately have to check that one out on their site.

The Omega Railmaster XXL is 49.2 mm.
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information