Suggestions on Stylish Watches
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Suggestions on Stylish Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suggestions on Stylish Watches

Any suggestions on watches from the range of $200-$350. I'm looking at Victorinox and others, but I don't really know much about watches. Would be never helpful if anyone has some suggestions of what brand. I prefer leather bands, but others i would be interested as well. Thanks!

Re: Suggestions on Stylish Watches

Welcome!

Victorinox are good; look at quartz watches by Tissot, Hamilton and Seiko too.

I think you should post up some pictures or provide links to the watches you've been looking at. That way we can figure out what style you like and go from there.

"Stylish" is very, very subjective. There are people who think this is stylish:

Name:  casio-g-shock-diamond-watch-015ct-white-dw-6900-p-8521.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  74.3 KB

Is that the sort of thing you're after?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

What is "stylish" in your terms ?
    Gary123 likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Name:  Sinn556.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  66.3 KB

I think the Sinn 556i is stylish. It's out of your range, but if you like subtly bold watches, then the Sinn 556's your watch. It wears well with a variety of straps as well.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Get this, it sells for around $330-350. The movement on it is beyond ridiculous, and for the price point it is the best finishing and quality I have ever seen, then again it is expected because It is a Seiko. The polishing/finish of the case and dial rivals my watches in the $800-$1000 range.

Here is a description of the movement
    "Seiko Kinetic Perpetual combines the features and benefits of the industry's leading watch technology - Kinetic Auto Relay and Perpetual Calendar. Once set, the calendar automatically adjusts for odd and even months including February of leap years up to February 2100. When the watch senses 24 hours of inactivity it puts itself into suspended animation (sleep mode) to conserve energy. The date continues to advance correctly while the watch is asleep. Wake it up with a few shakes of your wrist and it automatically resets itself to the correct time even if it's been asleep for up to 4 years."

It is pretty cool to use the watch after a few days. It starts to spin like a madman and adjusts itself to the correct time, really amazing. Does not need battery and extremely accurate. Oh I forgot, it's very stylish and looks very sexy

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  124.9 KB
    Rusty427 and Arcitecht like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Tung View Post
    Any suggestions on watches from the range of $200-$350. I'm looking at Victorinox and others, but I don't really know much about watches. Would be never helpful if anyone has some suggestions of what brand. I prefer leather bands, but others i would be interested as well. Thanks!

Very simple guide:

- Quartz are more accurate and cheap to run

- Mechanicals require relatively expensive servicing and are less accurate, but some are amazing design wise

- A good feature to look for that can just be achieved in your price is a sapphire watch glass - these are relatively scratch proof

- Japanese brands (Seiko, Citizen) usually give much better quality per dollar in this price range (I have a Lorus - a Seiko sub-brand - that I paid $50 for that might easily have cost $200 from Victorinox.)

- Except when a watch has an "integrated" bracelet, you can usually replace it with a strap.

Go on Amazon, pick some watches you like and post links and people will advise you. You should probably also say big your wrist is and whether the watch needs to fit under a suit jacket.
    Last edited by scuttle; October 10th, 2013 at 15:20.

Welcome to the forum! Seiko, Orient, Sea-Gull, Beijing, Kadloo, Obris Morgan if you want to avoid quartz...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Seiko are very good watches and they should have something to suit your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjf View Post
    I think you should post up some pictures or provide links to the watches you've been looking at. That way we can figure out what style you like and go from there.

"Stylish" is very, very subjective. There are people who think this is stylish:

Name:  casio-g-shock-diamond-watch-015ct-white-dw-6900-p-8521.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  74.3 KB

Is that the sort of thing you're after?
    That would look great paired with my platinum/diamond capped teeth!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information