Suggestions on which watch should I choose!

Thread: Suggestions on which watch should I choose!

Suggestions on which watch should I choose!

Hi guys! I'm a student in SG and im currently considering the new Tissot Prc200 T055.417.11.057.00 Quartz Chronograph and the Tissot Le Locle T41.1.483.53 as well as the Tissot Le Locle T006.428.16.058.00.

I will be wearing this watch everyday, and will be doing some light sports activities. So I would like to hear some suggestions from you guys on which watch should i choose, as well as your reasons. I am also open to new suggestions that are in the price range too!

Thanks!

Re: Suggestions on which watch should I choose!

Welcome to the forum! If it were me, quartz would be off the table. Of the two remaining, I prefer the more traditional dial and central seconds of the T41.1.483.53. Having the bracelet is nice as well.

I would check out the Seiko SARB series, particularly the SARB 033. Personally, I think it is a more versatile choice for sportier activities than the Le Locles you are looking at.

If you are set on Tissot, I think prefer the Tissot Visodate (its not for sports, but neither is the Le Locle).
    Last edited by mpalmer; September 13th, 2013 at 05:45.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Hi! Thanks for the welcome (: I do personally love the fact that the Le locle is a automatic, but the Asthetics of the PRC 200 is simply beautiful for its price! I'm really stuck between this two choices! I also saw the other Le locle T006.428.16.058.00 any thoughts about that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, Im from SG too. I'll refer to your watches as 1,2 and 3 in the order of mention in your thread. Seems like 1 is what you want. Looks wise in terms of age I'd say 1,3,2 in the order of increasing age. Since you're a student 1 might suit you better. Putting age aside, looks wise I'd go 3,1,2. 2 does look more suited to the older person. I must say 3 looks really good epecially in black leather (though not ideal for sports), it gives me that IWC, glashutte feel. If quartz is for you, then really the design options are many, and you can look for other options with quartz and I'd say sapphire crystal to keep your watch looking new.

That's just my reaction.. For me looks accounts for the most part of my decision making, then quality, brand and cost.
    Last edited by Rachdanon; September 13th, 2013 at 11:17.

Form your list I would vote for Tissot t41. Movement is better than in Seiko SARB.

I do not recommend the Tissot with small seconds - it might look interesting for a while but after some time you might get bored with it. The same goes for the quartz chronograph - unless you have things to time with it you will get bored by all the subdials and one day you will find that actually is quite difficult to read the busy dial.

If you want some unusual complication on the dial, a useful one is a power reserve indicator as in Lelocle 006 424 11 263 00.

other interesting watches with very modern movement are the Powermatic 80 offered by Tissot and Certina. They give a power reserve of 80 hours which is unheard of on that price range. I particularly like the Certina Powermatic 80. Sorry no pics as I write on a tablet

Hi guys! I have decided to abandon the Tissot Prc 200 and choose between the Le Locle and Powermatic 80. However the Le Locle seems abit suited more towards the older age group. Does the Powermatic suit a teenager like me? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Iseedogface View Post
    Hi guys! I have decided to abandon the Tissot Prc 200 and choose between the Le Locle and Powermatic 80. However the Le Locle seems abit suited more towards the older age group. Does the Powermatic suit a teenager like me? :O
    Neither are more suited to an age group; some young men wear simple, classic dress watches and some wear monster oversized chronos. I'd be happy with either of those Tissots.

I just got a Powermatic for a friend's birthday and it is a very good looking piece.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

The Le Locle is a bit underpowering in person - the dial just doesn't look as nice as on-line. The Powermatic really is nicer in person, AND you get that 80 hour PR. The Le Locle is a very nice watch and for the money I think it is a good deal, just sort of ----ehhh.
    While I generally steer clear og quartz the PRC 200 is a nice watch, and more durable than a mechanical. (my kids went through college, w/o a watch failure with quartz watches)
    BTW, I am definitely in "the older age group".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information