Super-Luminova watch
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Super-Luminova watch

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Super-Luminova watch

Super-luminova will remain in brightness how long at darkness?

Any watches is using Super-luminova on hand or dail other than Laco? Feel free specify the brand and model thanks.

Re: Super-Luminova watch

I think there are too many to list. A Laco Flieger will probably be my next watch purchase, so I've been researching them. The lume is supposedly ok but not the brightest.

I would expect superluminova to be similar to my Seiko diver's lume. With a good charge, it glows like a torch for the first several minutes, than slightly fades to a less brilliant status for another half hour or so, then it becomes much dimmer, but still legible with dark adapted eyes for several hours later.

I would like to know who makes a watch with the more rare colors of lume, like red, orange, or blue.

One of the things I like about Ball, besides the tritium, is the color variety on their watch dials lume.

from what i know lume watch is Ball, Luminox, Laco and Deep Blue....

Ball is automatic, thus is pricy, Luminox did provide a same quality tritium at lower price, but is quartz... for me i will choose for Laco or Luminox

wonder that if someone can suggest new brand for my knowledge ^^

also, can some1 provide comparison on Laco c3 superluminova and tritium lume?
    Last edited by hong999; February 18th, 2013 at 07:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Deep blue watch using C3. As good as omega watch.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

WnS

C3 is the brightest and glows green, BG W9 is the 2nd brightest and glows blue. The rest are pretty dim.

Duration and brightness depends on type of paint, thickness of application and area of application.
    Last edited by WnS; February 18th, 2013 at 14:53.
    I'm content with my watch collection

So that graph shows what the pigment of the paint looks like ? For some reason I thought those were the colors each variety glowed.

Quote Originally Posted by hong999 View Post
    Super-luminova will remain in brightness how long at darkness?

Any watches is using Super-luminova on hand or dail other than Laco? Feel free specify the brand and model thanks.
    As mentioned there are several colors of super luminova and several grades. Both the initial glow as well as the rate of luminosity falloff varies by type. Don't forget the lumibrite used by Seiko. It has a reputation for delivering a bright and relatively long lasting glow. You can expect that all of the luminescent dial paints will after an hour be noticably less bright and that the glow will be visible in dim light only. After a couple of hours the glow will decline to where it is only visible in darkness by the dark adapted eye. All of my luminescent dial watches have some glow left after 6 hours on the nightstand and it is enough to tell time if I have been out of any light for a long time.
    Last edited by John MS; February 18th, 2013 at 19:39.

seiko watch quality is good, their automatic movement can fight with ETA movement in term of price and quality use...

1 hour not more, then visibility is gone, you can find a great thread and testing thread about lumes here. I say get a tritium one especially check for Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaytan View Post
    I say get a tritium one especially check for Balls.
    hi cbaytan, what is your comment on Luminox? cause I've a slim wrist, Ball diameter is huge

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information