Swap to Stainless Steel Bracelet HELP!!! Eterna Tangaroa Chrono 42mm/20mm
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yankeexpress

Thread: Swap to Stainless Steel Bracelet HELP!!! Eterna Tangaroa Chrono 42mm/20mm

Swap to Stainless Steel Bracelet HELP!!! Eterna Tangaroa Chrono 42mm/20mm

Hello guys/gals I'll keep it short and simple. I want to change my Eterna Tangaroa Chrono from the OEM leather to a SS Bracelet or Mesh. Where do I acquire a high/decent quality band? The watch is 42mm and the lug is 20mm. Ideal option is OEM bracelet but... I called AD for pricing but won't get price til Tuesday but I'm very positive it will be more than what I'm willing to pay ($200). Where do I start my search and would any 20mm SS Bracelet work? I believe mesh is easier?! I checked StrapCode for some ideas.

Here is what I have now.
    Name:  ETA White with leather.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  119.1 KB

Here is ideally what I want but really wouldn't mind aftermarket/mesh if it's not worth the price and/or trouble.
    Name:  ETA White with SSB.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  35.4 KB

Thank you fro your time!!! Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Re: Swap to Stainless Steel Bracelet HELP!!! Eterna Tangaroa Chrono 42mm/20mm

Hard to beat strapcode for value, price and quality mesh or steel bracelets. Really like the mesh and Super Engineer II.
    topol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pandatime View Post
    would any 20mm SS Bracelet work? I believe mesh is easier?!
    Yes, in theory. Any 20mm bracelet should fit, but that doesn't mean it will look good. The problem is matching the bracelet to the lug design and case shape. Most aftermarket bracelets have straight end links, which makes them easy to fit, but it leaves an ugly gap between case and band. You can get aftermarket bracelets with curved end links too, but it's a bit hit and miss if it will fit well. However, 42mm is a fairly average size, so your chances aren't that bad.

Mesh is easier since it has straight end links anyway, so you don't have to worry about case shape and spring bar position.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a Strapcode on a inexpensive Citizen military. IMO Strapcode makes a quality bracelet for a very fair price. I have several and I am well satisfied.

P.S. this bracelet was less than $100 and is available on Amazon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by topol; March 28th, 2016 at 15:50.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Hard to beat strapcode for value, price and quality mesh or steel bracelets. Really like the mesh and Super Engineer II.
    Quote Originally Posted by ffritz View Post
    Yes, in theory. Any 20mm bracelet should fit, but that doesn't mean it will look good. The problem is matching the bracelet to the lug design and case shape. Most aftermarket bracelets have straight end links, which makes them easy to fit, but it leaves an ugly gap between case and band. You can get aftermarket bracelets with curved end links too, but it's a bit hit and miss if it will fit well. However, 42mm is a fairly average size, so your chances aren't that bad.

Mesh is easier since it has straight end links anyway, so you don't have to worry about case shape and spring bar position.
    Quote Originally Posted by topol View Post
    Here's a Strapcode on a inexpensive Citizen military. IMO Strapcode makes a quality bracelet for a very fair price. I have several and I am well satisfied.

P.S. this bracelet was less than $100 and is available on Amazon.
    Yep don't really want a gap between the watch as my OCD will drive me crazy haha. I have tried on the Breitling with the mesh bracelet and actually love that watch and don't mind the gap. So if I were to get a mesh would it fit be similar to the Breitling or any watch on mesh? Meaning would the lug hole position affect the comfort of the watch? Pointing out too much. Please bear with me as I'm trying to not waste time and money buying and returning. I contacted the seller awaiting reply but you guys have never failed to be helpful!!!

Name:  Breitling.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  422.2 KB
    What would be the closest thing to a Breitling mesh with $200 budget? Are those mesh on Strapcode adjustable? I don't see any pin hole to remove links and such.
    Last edited by pandatime; March 29th, 2016 at 07:57.

Bump

Any aftermarket bracelet you purchase (especially a mesh bracelet) will have the "gap" you do not want. My suggestion is either to get over your "gap" phobia or spring for the OEM bracelet. Which begs the question.....how much is your OCD worth?

Thread Information