Swatch with Seconds Subdial (Irony Petite)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Swatch with Seconds Subdial (Irony Petite)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swatch with Seconds Subdial (Irony Petite)

In my quest to acquire at least one example of each movement used by Swatch, I have now set my sights on the Irony Petite. Considering these are decent sized Swatches, the name seems a little funny at first, but the petite second does seem rather gentlemanly on further reflection.

Does anybody have any experiences with this limited group of Swatches? Pictures would be greatly appreciated, too!
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

Re: Swatch with Seconds Subdial (Irony Petite)

Sorry I dont, but Hamilton also has a few models with the tiny seconds.

For those who have never seen the Swatch example, here is a pic. (I had to look one up):
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

I know this thread is old, but I have the Swatch Petite Seconde called "Dropping Seconds". These Irony Swatches are very attractive, and the size is very comfortable (40mm) for my 6.5" wrist. I like it so much I've ordered another one called "Open Feel". The reason I like them is that they are the exact same size as the Irony Chrono, but with simpler, antique styled faces. It's got hour, minute and small second hands and that's it. I've been wearing chronos for so long I've been craving something simpler and it fits the bill. I'm a little disappointed because it appears that Swatch is no longer producing this model. It's a shame because they are are very nice looking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyb View Post
    In my quest to acquire at least one example of each movement used by Swatch,...
    Wow! We would love to see the list ... and the pics I suspect Swatch Watch has used more different movements than any other member of the Swatch Group.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

They are a lot of fun! Since I started this thread, I managed to pick up two of them, including the model shown in Jeff_C's post above. The names of the models escape me at this time, but they are very classic looking designs. I will try to post pictures of them soon, since they don't show up very often.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

I will try to catalog all of them one of these days. Here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head early on a Monday morning.

Irony Petite (small seconds)
    Irony Automatic Chronograph
    Irony Automatic (many models, with at least two different movements)
    Irony Retrograde (chronograph model with retrograde display for all 3 chronograph indicators - one of my favorite models)
    Autoquartz (cool movement that didn't get the love it deserved)
    Musicall (alarm)
    Touch Loomi (backlight activated by tapping the dial - there are also button-activated Loomi models)
    Dual Time (two time zones with one set of hands - activated by tapping the dial)
    Stopwatch (two-handed watch with single button stopwatch function)
    Skin (super flat model)
    "moonphase" (not a real moonphase as the indicator makes a complete revolution every few days)
    Depthmeter (Scuba model that has a depth sensor)
    Original (the classic quartz model)
    Plastic Chronograph (the classic quartz model in chronograph form)

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some, but that is a good start.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

I will try to catalog all of them one of these days. Here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head early on a Monday morning.

Irony Petite (small seconds)
    Irony Automatic Chronograph
    Irony Automatic (many models, with at least two different movements)
    Irony Retrograde (chronograph model with retrograde display for all 3 chronograph indicators - one of my favorite models)
    Autoquartz (cool movement that didn't get the love it deserved)
    Musicall (alarm)
    Touch Loomi (backlight activated by tapping the dial - there are also button-activated Loomi models)
    Dual Time (two time zones with one set of hands - activated by tapping the dial)
    Stopwatch (two-handed watch with single button stopwatch function)
    Skin (super flat model)
    "moonphase" (not a real moonphase as the indicator makes a complete revolution every few days)
    Depthmeter (Scuba model that has a depth sensor)
    Original (the classic quartz model)
    Plastic Chronograph (the classic quartz model in chronograph form)

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some, but that is a good start.
    It would be nice to know the ETA numbers. I know sometimes the Swatch version was unique. For example, the Autoquartz for Swatches was a different model (with 2 less jewels) than that used by the other Swatch Group companies. (I have what may be the worlds largest Autoquartz collection including, I think, all the Swatch versions.)

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

To expound to Eeeb's list:
    Original Lady size quartz
    Puzzle-Motion
    Diaphane-ONE carousel movement

On a side-note:
    The original plastic chronograph had one-hour and 12 hour dials with no date (ETA ?), while all the Chrono's since 1995 use the G10.211
    The three automatic's are ETA 2840, 2841 with date, 2842 skeleton.
    I had the "moonphase" model--it is just the standard Gent quartz; the Day disk printed with sun's, moons, and stars and makes a complete rotation in 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    (I have what may be the worlds largest Autoquartz collection including, I think, all the Swatch versions.)
    I'd be curious to see what you have in the Autoquartz department. I've seen some Tissot's and Omega's with the autoquartz movement.

I foolishly sold all but one of my Swatch Autoquartz models. I had the majority of them, but decided one day to slim down the collection.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

I'd be curious to see what you have in the Autoquartz department. I've seen some Tissot's and Omega's with the autoquartz movement.

I foolishly sold all but one of my Swatch Autoquartz models. I had the majority of them, but decided one day to slim down the collection.
    The wikipedia article on automatic quartz, which I authored in part, has a list of vendors. Tissot is still selling Autoquartz. I'll post up some pics eventually, but it probably won't be for several months. I have a huge backlog of other projects that need to be done first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information