Swiss Army

Thread: Swiss Army

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Swiss Army

Any thoughts on Swiss Army in general? I just picked up a discontinued Cavalier quartz with sapphire crystal, and I really like it, especially for the price.
    I checked the archives and did'nt come up with much. Thanks.:thanks

Re: Swiss Army

My experience with them has been fine...solid watches, good lume, comfortable, and reliable. Their designs are pretty nice too depending on the model.

Good stuff all around. The less expensive ones like the SA Raider (quartz) are great, legible, beaters, and the heavier ones like the Ground Force Auto, Chrono, Air Boss series, and the Valjoux 7750 based ones *drool* are awesome. Heres another similar thread from awhile ago that might help, too. Just [Search] Swiss Army or Victorinox and you'll find a butt ton of info.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=229346
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watches for the price, did see one early this year that was $3995.

I like Swiss Army. I've had my Cavalry for several years now, and it's one of the three watches I own that is in my weekly rotation. Whether you pick quartz or mech, they are solid time pieces.

beshannon

Nice watches if the price is right although I notice that they are trying to nudge their msrp's higher.

I do wish that they would get something worked out with Wenger as that is really confusing.

The Thumb of Michigan, where the roads are straight and the corners are all square.

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
    Nice watches if the price is right although I notice that they are trying to nudge their msrp's higher.

I do wish that they would get something worked out with Wenger as that is really confusing.
    Actually, Victorinox now owns Wenger: "However, on April 26, 2005, Victorinox acquired Wenger, thus once again becoming the sole supplier of knives to the Swiss Army. However, on the consumer side Victorinox has stated that it intends to keep both brands intact."
    From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Army_knife The focus of the article is pocket knives, but it applies to the watches, too. They're not confused, we are.
    Some of those, a few of these and a couple of the others.

I own 3 (soon to be 4) VSA's and I love them. I have two Ground Forces, the auto and the quartz chrono, and a Dive Master 500 Quartz. They all seem to be of very high quality for the price, very good fit and finish, and I really like the style.

I love mine. My wife bought it for me a few years ago, and I've worn it as a daily work watch since. It can take a real beating, and the only obvious signs of wear are scratches in the red coating on the bezel.
    Definitely worth the money.

If you're looking for a swiss quartz watch with 100m water resistance and a sapphire crystal, you'll have a hard time beating the Victorinox Swiss Army watch....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information