SWISS ARMY AGAIN another one bites the dust.

Thread: SWISS ARMY AGAIN another one bites the dust.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Down SWISS ARMY AGAIN another one bites the dust.

Please let me know if you have had as bad luck with Swiss Army watches as me,few months ago after sending one of my Swiss Army watches for repair to Swiss Army rep center I got it back with the answer that they no longer repair those watch,because after a few years they don't have the parts,I understand that they use ETA movements, now a replacement ETA like the one that S A can not longer repair cost $26.00 at Esslinger,if Esslinger have them how come S A can't keep them too,what is the point to buy a watch that cost you some times from $500.00 upward,when you know that after some years when it stops running it will become junk,I used to believe that S A was a watch that you have for years and years,with and excellent reputation for workmanship,long life, and quality, SWISS Quality,bunk, now I know that the quality last for only 6 to 9 years , today I got another dead one, another of my S A watches died, it is not running ,since it is another of the old ones I will not even try to send it to S A,they will tell me AGAIN D O A no can do,no resuscitation possible ,unfortunately I have about 8 S A watches that I either bought new,got as a present,or bought used,I have about 100 or so watches in my collection some of them old American brands ,some from 1920,30's 40's etc etc and they are STILL RUNNING.Swiss Army are expensive SWATCH watches,the difference is that they are made of metal not plastic but disposable as the SWATCH,let me know if you have had a better experience with Swiss Army.

Re: SWISS ARMY AGAIN another one bites the dust.

Wow, that is bad for me too but I only have VSA quartz.

Is it possible that the specific watch you sent in was one of their entry level timepieces? Perhaps they figured that the cost to source/replace parts was more expensive to you than simply buying a replacement watch. I have a VSA Summit that I got for $184, I expect it to run for a long time, but if it breaks I have no illusions about spending money to send it in and trying to get it fixed.

Could you post a picture/model number of the watch you were trying to send in?

Alternatively, if you really want to get the watch fixed, could you take it to a local watchmaker? VSAs pretty much source off-the-shelf parts as you said, so unless what was broken was very specific, a local watchmaker may be able to help.
    Movado Safiro (2006), TAG Heuer Kirium (2007), VSA Summit XLT (2010), Hamilton Khaki Field (2012), Hamilton Khaki Scuba (2012), Archimede Pilot 42W (2013), Stowa Antea 390 (2013), Seiko SARX015 (2015), Halios Seaforth v1 (2017), Seiko SARB017 Alpinist (2017), Sinn 556i Blue (2018)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm sorry to hear that. I would be surprised if a local watch repair shop couldn't service/ repair your watch. It would probably cost less too.

SWISS ARMY AGAIN another one bites the dust.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.

I have a VSA quartz officer watch that is 25 years old and runs +/- 4 seconds per year. The only repair that I've needed is a replacement clasp for the bracelet.

My experience with VSA is quite good, so there's one data point that is contrary to your experience.

Post pics of your particular Swiss Army watch. I've had over 20 Swiss Army watches over the years with very few problems.

VSA uses stock ETA movements and if your watch uses a movement that's available for $26 dollars you should be able to get a local watchmaker to replace it for a very reasonable price, certainly for less than VSA would charge. I have a 1992 original that the movement died in and my repair guy replaced the movement with the exact same one for under $80, did it while I was waiting.

Banned

sorry to hear... but when it comes to watches in this range, it's cheaper, faster and easier to find someone like Esslinger to fix it. if you were talking about a Rolex or a ALS i could understand your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by ak415 View Post
    My experience with VSA is quite good, so there's one data point that is contrary to your experience.
    Make that at least two data points. I have two Swiss Army watches (Alliance Chrono and Maverick II), pre-Victorinox from 2004 and 2005, respectively. They both have held up very well and have not needed servicing, especially with the Maverick II being a beater.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

Yes that is what I will do,I just got one from a fellow in the forum for parts,one is an Odyssey,and the other it has no name up front but the # in the back is 7072X,I have them for several years,I also have other S A that I have had no problem with them,I am waiting for the parts to the other,and I will take them to a watchmaker,thank you gentlemen.

Quite cool that you want to fix the watch rather than just buy a new one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information