Sydney retailers?

Thread: Sydney retailers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sydney retailers?

Gday,

I live in Sydney, Australia and am currently looking at buying my first automatic ($500 budget). I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores in Sydney that sold Hamilton, Steinhart, Archimedes? This will be my first proper watch and I would rather try it on before I buy too make sure the size and feel is good.

Any information will be highly appreciated (:

Cheers,
    Nick

Re: Sydney retailers?

Look on Hamilton's web site for the nearest AD. Steinhart and Archimede are mail order only I think for Australia. Gonomon sells Steinhart in Singapore but I do not know of any Australian AD. I could be wrong. What exactly are you looking for?

Hey mate!

I'm down in Canberra and have to say that -

1. Steinhart and Archimedes are more micro brands, you'll probably find them as internet sales only.
    2. You are SOOO much better off buying from the grey market (online sales) because every single watch retailer is going to screw you to the wall with prices in Aus. ie. Seiko BFK here in Canberra is going for $655 from Japan Seiko Kinetic Scuba Diver Men Watch SKA371 SKA371P2 [SKA371P2] - US$350.00 : Casio watches, Seiko watches, Citizen Watches and Military watches; buy our watches online now mens watch (UK)(USA)(AU)(SINGAPORE), SuperChrono $350USD A LOT cheaper!

What I suggest you do is try on watches the same size, then buy the watch you want.

Buzz
    Reformed WIS - Fitness/Smart Watch Lover

Garmin Fenix 3 - Waiting for the HR...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good luck to you, OP. It's hard enough finding big brand watches in Sydney (and for that I would recommend Swiss Concepts on Pitt St). Online/grey would be the way to go with the drawback being you cannot try on the watch before purchasing. Gnomon is fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them.
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

Quote Originally Posted by Waddo View Post
    Gday,

I live in Sydney, Australia and am currently looking at buying my first automatic ($500 budget). I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores in Sydney that sold Hamilton, Steinhart, Archimedes? This will be my first proper watch and I would rather try it on before I buy too make sure the size and feel is good.

Any information will be highly appreciated (:

Cheers,
    Nick
    Try Fredmans in the strand arcade, great little shop, they carry some micro brands. Normally they are open to discussion with regards to price!
    Breitling, Oris, Chr.Ward, Citizen, Timex, Bulova, Casio, Luminox, Stowa & Seiko

Hey mate,

You won't find retailers with Steinhart or Archimedes in Sydney. You might be lucky enough stores that carry Hamiltons but I haven't seen one yet and I'm pretty sure I've been to every watch shop in Sydney's CBD.

If you want to try your luck, aforementioned Fredmans is a great little family owned shop. Watches ranging from couple hundred dollar Mondaines to $40k+ pre-owned Patek Philippe.

Other AD you might want to try is the Hour Glass, but once again, while they carry Rado and Longines, I haven't seen Hamilton there.

Swiss Concepts, Watches of Switzerland and Harbourside Jewellers in Darling Harbour are worth checking out.

Good luck but I have a feeling you will be buying the watch on the net :)

oh, also take a look at Gregory's and Hardy Brothers online and see if they carry Hamilton.
    Last edited by systemcrasher; July 2nd, 2013 at 10:45.
    AP ROO Montauk Highway 26187ST.OO.D801CR.01
    G-Shock Sky Cockpit GW-3000M-4AER

OzO

Hi mate,

Good suggestions in here. Hamilton doesn't have an AD in Australia, nor do the others.

definitely check out SVW Fredmans in the Strand, also check out Kalmar Antiques in the QVB
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

Another vote for Fredmans, very helpful people. As has been said, try on a similar case size locally and buy online. The AUD has softened a bit, however, your $500.00 will go a lot further on the web.

Thanks alot for all the suggestions! I will head into town tomorrow and check out the stores, Fredmans sounds great!

I think trying on the size and buying on the grey market will be the way to go.

I am looking for a Hamilton Field Khaki 38mm, Steinhart Military automatic and Archimede Pilot.

So keen to get my first watch! :D

Gnomon are a great source for the last two, enjoy the search, it's the best part

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information