T100 vs T25 Tritium - are T100 hands actually brighter?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: T100 vs T25 Tritium - are T100 hands actually brighter?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

T100 vs T25 Tritium - are T100 hands actually brighter?

I've been looking at T100 vs T25 Tritium watches, and from most of the pictures, it looks like the hour markers are much brighter / larger on the T100, but the actual hour/minute/second hands look to be comparably sized/bright between t100 and t25.

An example:
    [img]https://outdooruae.com/wp-content/up...cle_t25_04.jpg[/img]

To me, the lume of the hands is the most important thing, as thats what you actually need to tell the time.

Do any of the T100 Watches actually provide noticeably brighter hands? Or are they basically the same as the T25 hands?

I have two tritium Deep Blue watches. One is T25 and the other T100. While I am able to tell the time on both at all hours, I find the T100 much easier to tell the time quicker. My next tritium watch will be another T100.

Re: T100 vs T25 Tritium - are T100 hands actually brighter?

Quote Originally Posted by kennylorenzo View Post
    I have two tritium Deep Blue watches. One is T25 and the other T100. While I am able to tell the time on both at all hours, I find the T100 much easier to tell the time quicker. My next tritium watch will be another T100.
    But are the hands between the two any different?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The tubes on the hands seem to be the same size on both but the T100 tubes are definitely brighter.

All tubes are the same width, and to date, tritium lumed watches use only one tube each on the hands, with green being the most "powerful". The watches rated T100 simply have more tubes (tritium) on the dial, and the large block style indices on the T100 watches are actually two tubes side by side with a translucent cover over them--there aren't square or rectangular tritium tubes, nor are there fat and thin tubes--there are just two types, the usual ones, as shown on the hands, and the ones that are quite short, and used as "pips" as in some of the Ball watches. Both are shown in the watch below. So, the hands on the T100 watches will be the same as on the T25 watches, and if you want the brightest, then you want green hands (there is no difference in brightness in the actual tubes used in either the T100 or T25 watches, these numbers indicate how much (many) tubes are used--up to a kind of mass measurement of 25 on the T25, and up to 100 on the T100)--green is treated as 100% luminosity, and using a relative measurement, all other colors are less than that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by timefleas; 1 Week Ago at 03:46.

T100 and T25 refer to the total amounts of tritium contained by the watches, not the ‘quality’ of the tritium. There’s only one flavor of tritium and the only way to make it brighter is to increase the phosphor surface of the tubes and then add more gas. If the tubes on the hands are the same size and color they will be the same brightness, assuming they are the same age. Older tubes will be dimmer simply because more of the gas in them has undergone fission.

T100 is the way to go for me.

T100 does not mean brighter than T25, it is just the total millicures of tritium on the entire watch, spread throughout the tubes.

All tubes are the same brightness and in two sizes, all made by the same factory, MB Microtec....so T100 is not a brighter tube or watch, just more tubes in a T100 watch.

A T25 watch could be more legible than a T100 one if they use tubes strategically, like doubling them up on hour markers and hands (the latter is not usual).
    Time4Playnow likes this.

In five years you would see a very noticeable difference.

I only buy T100 watches now.

It’s kind of a bummer because there are a couple T25 watches that I really like but I won’t buy them because of their lame tritium tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by doppleganger View Post
    It’s kind of a bummer because there are a couple T25 watches that I really like but I won’t buy them because of their lame tritium tubes.
    Except they use the basically the same tubes. T100 means the entire watch has more than 26 mCi (unit of radioactivity) and less than 100 mCi, while T25 have less than 25 mCi. Watches rated t100 just have more tubes than T25, raising them past the 25 mCi limit. Additionally, T100 doesn't mean the watch has "4x" the amount as T25 some sites state they do.

Even the larger rectangular tubes you see in OP's picture are just made up of 2 of the regular cylindrical tubes inside.
    Last edited by Citizen V; 1 Week Ago at 06:35.
    timefleas likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information