Tag Grand Carrera RS2 vs. Omega Alaska Project

Thread: Tag Grand Carrera RS2 vs. Omega Alaska Project

Question Tag Grand Carrera RS2 vs. Omega Alaska Project

Just picked up the Tag Grand Carrera 17 RS2 and was under the impression it was limited edition as that was what Tag had published after Baselworld. It came along with a limited edition price tag as well of $6500 CDN. After purchasing the watch I soon found out they no longer are keeping this as a limited production. Does anyone know if this will be a full blown production watch and if so is it worth returning as I may be able to get my hands on one of the limited edition Omega Speedmaster Pro Alaska Projects which is limited and may hold its value better ??? Two great watches but dont know what to do ....

V8

Re: Tag Grand Carrera RS2 vs. Omega Alaska Project

Quote Originally Posted by Szarka View Post
    Just picked up the Tag Grand Carrera 17 RS2 and was under the impression it was limited edition as that was what Tag had published after Baselworld. It came along with a limited edition price tag as well of $6500 CDN. After purchasing the watch I soon found out they no longer are keeping this as a limited production. Does anyone know if this will be a full blown production watch and if so is it worth returning as I may be able to get my hands on one of the limited edition Omega Speedmaster Pro Alaska Projects which is limited and may hold its value better ??? Two great watches but dont know what to do ....
    You paid $6,500 for a Tag it is kind of risky to buy a watch based on what you think it will be worth in the future, just because a watch is a limited edition doesn't mean it will be worth any more than a "common" model.

But you asked a question and my answer is get the Omega.
    Last edited by V8; December 30th, 2008 at 07:08.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Id get the Tag. I love that watch. Saw some pics of the Omega...its decent looking. Ill echo V8 though--buy the one you will enjoy more, not the one that you think is the better investment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Szarka View Post

My guess is the Omega will hold or a least decline in value less than the Tag. Buying watches (95%) with the hope that they will hold or increase in value is a tough expectation. Buy something that you love and will wear. Rolex seems to do ok on value-around 53-58% of retail for a good shape pre-owned watch. Just some thoughts.

Matt

The Grand Carrera are just too cool to compare to ordinary watches like the Speedmaster. this is my opinion of course.
    Rolex Daytona TT - Deepsea - Submariner Date ceramic - GMT Master TT ceramic - Submariner Blue Ceramic TT
    Omega Seamaster 2254 - Seamaster Pro Blue Ceramic - Planet Ocean 45.5mm cal 8500
    TagHeuer Aquaracer 300M - Aquaracer 500M - Link Bourne - Formula 1 44mm
    Oris Divers Date - Citizen Promaster Diver EcoDrive
    lots of Solar Casios

Thread Information