Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 ($2.5K) vs. Hesalite Moonwatch ($3.8K), which one to choose ?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 ($2.5K) vs. Hesalite Moonwatch ($3.8K), which one to choose ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 ($2.5K) vs. Hesalite Moonwatch ($3.8K), which one to choose ?

Both are brand new AD prices, $2.5K for Carrera, $3.8K for Hesalite Moonwatch

My collection now includes Seiko's (skx, turtle, sarbs etc...) Just want to have one higher end (compared to my watches of course ). My budget is around $2K, should I save and wait for Omega, or should I buy carrera ?

Honestly I like the look of carrera better, it is also easier to service. But I read quality issues, also second hand value is not good. Moonwatch is a legend, second hand value is very good. But it is hand winding, hesalite needs care, service is expensive.

Edit, unused longines 42 mm chrono for $1400 is also an alternative :)

Name:  cv201alfc6357.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  240.6 KB
    Name:  omega-speedmaster-311-30-42-30-01-005-large.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  87.2 KB
    Last edited by Kerem; May 2nd, 2019 at 21:12.

Re: Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 ($2.5K) vs. Hesalite Moonwatch ($3.8K), which one to choose ?

Personally it'll be the Speedy for me.

I'd rather save up and get something unique with some history and the Omega build - the Tag is just another, erm Tag (for me anyway). In terms of cost both are expensive watches so be sure to buy the one you want...

Re: Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 ($2.5K) vs. Hesalite Moonwatch ($3.8K), which one to choose ?

^ This for me too.

I don't think the Tag is bad looking but the Speedy is just so much more. I bet the resale value would be better on the Speedy too, if thats something important to you.
    My collection on Instagram ——> wis_dad

Timex Q Reissue
    Casio G-Shock GW-M5610
    Halios Seaforth (series 2) - Nimbus Grey
    Longines Legend Diver
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005)
    Rolex Submariner (114060)
    Seiko SARB017 ‘Alpinist’
    Seiko SARB065 ‘Cocktail Time’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Since you prefer the Tag... No need to find reasons not to buy it... Haha

Seriously, it is a good looking tag... Buy it if you like it.

My advice is to get it on metal bracelet then add a racing strap afterwards.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Ball, Breitling, Omega, Rolex, Tag Heuer and Titoni

I've grown pretty fond of tag heuer lately and that carrera is a sweet watch.
    As far as famous space related things go, the speedmaster makes me think more of the rocket scene from Austin Powers than Apollo, if were just looking at the watch itself (that rather unfortunate 12 o'clock index... I know I'm immature lol)

Banned

Always choose Speedy
    harry_flashman likes this.

Is the Speedmaster really more expensive to service on a like for like basis? It’s a genuine question as I don’t know, but if the comparison is Omega servicing vs a local watchmaker, this is not apples to apples. And that is perhaps relevant because the speedy movement has been around long enough, has been produced (I imagine) many millions of times, and does not feature coax technology. Consequently, I’d imagine a local watchmaker is also an option for the speedy - which isn’t to recommend that course (again I don’t know if it’s a good idea).

As to the choice in general, the speedy all day for me; it’s a classic, a legend, blah blah - you know all that. But it really will, I am sure, leave you with a piece you’ll always be happy with, whatever the vagaries or watch fashion to come. The hesalite is a plus point, giving it a more ‘organic’ charm, rather than the clinical finish of crystal (think vinyl record vs cd / digital recording) and the hand winding, at least in my experience, increases one’s connection with it.

Speedy all day everyday

I traded my Speedy away because it just wasn't all that good looking and wore kind of clunky. At $2.5k (what I paid for a near new, used one), the Speedy was a heck of a deal, but at almost $4k, I think you can do a lot better. I don't particularly like the Tag in the pic, but it may look a lot nicer, in person. For sure it will have a much flashier, dressier look. Have you tried these watches on?

Does that Tag come on a bracelet? Also how thick is it? Some of those valjoux chronos are hockey pucks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information