Tag Heuer from Jomashop?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tag Heuer from Jomashop?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tag Heuer from Jomashop?

http://www.jomashop.com/tag-heuer-wa...13-ba0910.html

Been eyeing this piece for a while now and might get it fairly soon. However, is it worth it to get a Tag from an AD instead of a gray market? Is the extra $800+ worth it?

What i meant was is the $800+ worth it vs buying it straight from a Tag authorized dealer

Re: Tag Heuer from Jomashop?

Buy it from Jomashop .... save the $800. You'll probablly never have to service it anyhow. No way would I spend $800 more if I didn't have to.
    Toothbras and Bangkok Hound like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tag Heuer from Jomashop?

For me personally, the $800 is not worth it to buy from an AD.

I have said it about Joma and it's been said by other people. Their initial sale service is good, but their after sale service is not and is basically non-existent. I've bought three watches from them in the $300-$500 range without issue. And thankfully I have not had any post/after sale issues, so I don't have any first-hand experience there. But other people on this forum have had some pretty dismal experiences trying to return a watch or get it repaired through them.

I just look at the difference in price between grey market and an AD as a hedge that nothing will go wrong with it in the warranty period. And once you buy grey market the manufacturer's is non-existent, so you are free to bring the watch anywhere for repairs and service.

This is just my guess, but I doubt you will incur $800 worth of repairs on the watch that would have been covered under the manufacturer's warranty. I would take that gamble.

But that's all pragmatic. Some people place a high-value on face-to-face interactions and stuff and you really can't put a price on that. It's all up to you.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 27th, 2015 at 17:07.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Buy from joma, put the $800 towards your next watch
    falcon4311 likes this.

I've seen a couple of topics on this forum where people have had issues with after-sale problems that Jomashop's warranty wouldn't rectify. In these instances, their savings were wiped out. I've also seen topics where people have had issues getting problems sorted out through an AD or TAG direct, though. Probably worth taking a gamble with Jomashop if they have the watch in stock, but go into it assuming that the warranty and after-sales support will be non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by imagwai View Post
    I've seen a couple of topics on this forum where people have had issues with after-sale problems that Jomashop's warranty wouldn't rectify. In these instances, their savings were wiped out. I've also seen topics where people have had issues getting problems sorted out through an AD or TAG direct, though. Probably worth taking a gamble with Jomashop if they have the watch in stock, but go into it assuming that the warranty and after-sales support will be non-existent.
    how often do these watches even need to be serviced? though? This would be one first "higher end" watch

how often do these watches even need to be serviced? though? This would be one first "higher end" watch

Well, that's the thing. Most new watches do not need warranty service. Some do, however. When you buy from a gray market dealer, you're betting yours will be in the majority, which don't need service. But there's a small chance you might be wrong. Most people will take that bet, and that's how Jomashop stays in business with an enormous inventory of high-end watches. Every now and then, though, we hear from someone who loses the bet. They're usually quite angry about it, which I can understand even though it doesn't make sense. If you're going to take the bet, take it, but you have to know you might become one of the minority of customers that loses and will be paying for repairs that would have been covered by the warranty.

That's the deal. Jomashop likes to act as though they provide a warranty that's "just as good," but the reaction of customers losing their bet tells me that's not true.

So, do you feel lucky enough to take the chance? Saving $800 is no small thing. Sometimes the amount of the gray discount is much smaller, to the point where I wonder why people don't just go to an AD. But here, for $800, I think it might be a good bet. We won't know for sure unless you buy from Jomashop....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy from Joma. Speaking from personal experience; their service is not great; they once charged my card three times for a $5,000 watch, and it took me 3 months to get the money back; which them swearing it was going to be deposited every two weeks, and then apologizing it was never done.

With that being said, I have never had a single issue with any watch (preowned, New AD, new Grey market) I have ever owned. Not a single one; so the warranty is more theoretical peace of mind that a tangible benefit; at least in my purchase history. Now, I probably should, but I don't time my watches, so some of my COSC pieces could be running high or low; I'm just not super picky. With this much of a savings, it's a no brainier to buy from Joma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    falcon4311 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information