Tag Heuer Resale
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tag Heuer Resale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tag Heuer Resale

Hey folks - Before I got into watches a few weeks ago - I always thought of Tag Heuer as sort of my grail watch. Starting a little over 1k isn't stupid money, but more than I'll ever spend.

So I finally got to looking at used Tags on eBay. Why is it I can find a LOT in the 2-500 range? Is there a reason the secondary market isn't very strong? I know alot/most/all are quartz, but any other reason they're relatively cheap?

Tag Heuer Resale

Same with the majority of brands.

A year later an awful lot of watches will be worth half of what an AD sells them for. 10 years later, even less. It's not specific to TAG Heuer.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Re: Tag Heuer Resale

All watch depreciate, some more than others. Make sure you are looking at a mechanical watch and not a quartz watch... unless you want a quartz watch.
    SigmaPiJiggy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tag Heuer isn't alone in this, but they regularly come up with new models and discontinue old ones. Discontinued models do not have good resale .

As above, I would imagine the rate in which Tag refreshes its models (and the extent of changes) doesn't help its case.

Of if you want something to hold its value get a Rolex or Patek, everything else just kiss the money goodbye and enjoy the watch

Quote Originally Posted by marcmc View Post
    Discontinued models do not have good resale .
    Weird... I would have thought it was the opposite... If they stop making a certain model then the supply becomes limited thus more difficult to obtain
    Last edited by Thwizzit; March 26th, 2016 at 04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwizzit View Post
    Weird... I would have thought it was the opposite... If they stop making a certain model then the supply becomes limited thus more difficult to obtain
    Not mass produced watches that are easy to come by.

Most watches don't perform well as investments. Tag falls in that category. That said, many buyers recognize the proliferation of Tag watches for sale and simply won't bid high amounts when there is a more-than-adequate supply of them. In the general public, Tag enjoys a decent reputation but that isn't always the case in forums.

difficult to generalize,

I wouldn't say all watches keep on depreciating, but a good chunk (95-98%) would, there are exceptions to the rule

all new watches will depreciate, that's a given, while most will keep on depreciating, there are a handful that will stop depreciating at a certain value,
    factors such as demands and collectability play a major part - which could drive price upward - but that's very, very rare

TAG Heuer has a good name, but unless the model became a collectable piece and much desired, it'll depreciate like most other - but I believed it'll stop at a certain value,
    someone mentioned half, which is about right
    Last edited by ari.seoul; March 26th, 2016 at 06:16.

Good for me because I generally only buy used/second-hand watches. Got a LNIB Tag Aquaracer Chrono for more than half off of retail and the first owner wore it less than a week. If you are somewhat knowledgeable about watches and don't have a boatload of cash to spend, you generally stick to buying second-hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information