Talk me into (or out of) a MeisterSinger - Page 2

View Poll Results: Buy the MeisterSinger?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Buy it!

13 41.94%
  • No. Keep looking.

18 58.06%
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Talk me into (or out of) a MeisterSinger

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Talk me into (or out of) a MeisterSinger

It's not unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Like it! It is unique and would fit in well with what you already have, imho. If you're liking the Uno and don't tire of it, I think the Meistersinger will be a keeper, too . . .

If your not into fringe watches, don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    It's not unique.
    yes it is . . .
    cedargrove likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Checkout Botta. UNO's are not that uncommon, Mondaine even had one.
    Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    yes it is . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Checkout Botta. UNO's are not that uncommon, Mondaine even had one.
    thx, preferred the look of my Pangaea . . . .
    cedargrove and Bwana1 like this.
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Tyn

To address your concerns;

I don't think its too dressy by any stretch of the imagination; far too many digits and chapter markers for that to be a concern.

I also don't think it's a novelty; Seconds-hands are essentially useless, and when you get used to it, and assuming your job doesn't require minute-precision, you will be able to tell the time relatively accurately anyway. Certainly within +-2.5 minutes.

It's such a fun watch, and easily worth the $1,100 pricetag in my opinion. It would also round out that lovely German collection you have nicely! :)
    drhr, Bwana1 and LH2 like this.

It's nice but it does seem expensive.

It's nice, but here is why I would not buy this watch.......

A. Seems overpriced for what you get
    B. The novelty of the single hand might be fun for a minute, but would bother me as I do need to know the minute
    C. To ask us to give you reasons not to buy something, gives me a strong sense you're not sold on it enough to be confident you'd be making a good purchase
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

I'll give it my best shot...

A one handed watch is something of a unique amusement, by nature is not very accurate, and likely will not receive much wrist time. At $1100, it is too expensive for what it is unless you already have an amazing collection and really want an $1100 one hand watch. If you like the bauhaus look, why not save up for a Nomos or buy a preowned Nomos. At least a Nomos is a dress watch, which the Meistersinger does not exactly pass for. Despite being not sporty, it also is not clearly dressy. Lastly, you can buy a one handed mechanical watch one ebay (Luch, made in Belarus) for a $50. At over $1000 cheaper, I'm not sure it really looks all that much worse, and it may not actually get that much less wrist time in the grand scheme of things.

Did I convince you?
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

LH2

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    I'll give it my best shot...

A one handed watch is something of a unique amusement, by nature is not very accurate, and likely will not receive much wrist time. At $1100, it is too expensive for what it is unless you already have an amazing collection and really want an $1100 one hand watch. If you like the bauhaus look, why not save up for a Nomos or buy a preowned Nomos. At least a Nomos is a dress watch, which the Meistersinger does not exactly pass for. Despite being not sporty, it also is not clearly dressy. Lastly, you can buy a one handed mechanical watch one ebay (Luch, made in Belarus) for a $50. At over $1000 cheaper, I'm not sure it really looks all that much worse, and it may not actually get that much less wrist time in the grand scheme of things.

Did I convince you?
    That was pretty good!

Nomos are beautiful, but that's the problem. They're too pretty for my needs. I sold my Stowa Antea KS for the same reason - it wasn't getting much wrist time. The less-elegant Nomos Club is okay, but it doesn't push my buttons.

I already have a 24-hour one hand watch, but at 40mm, it's a bit hard to read. When the hand only circles the dial once a day, there's a lot of little indices on that dial... It's cool and all, but it only cost me about $350.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information