Tan Lines.
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tan Lines.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tan Lines.

Hey all,

I was wondering, since we all (mostly) wear watches all day, and it is now summer (here at least), do we all put up with "pasty, white" wrists, or do you throw caution to the wind, throw off the watch and sunbath your wrist NAKED!?!?!

I drive quite a bit for my job, as well as work outside very regularly, so my left arm (watch arm) gets a better tan than my right. Usually by the end of September I am considerably darker than the first of June, and a bright white wrist looks VERY out of place. I am always wearing a watch, so the wrist is never naked, but a smaller dress watch does not cover the "unspoiled territory" left by my preferred size of Dive / Chrono watch.

What say you WIS, loose all track of time sunbathing, or just wear a bigger watch to cover the lack of tan?
    rjt65 likes this.

Watch on no matter the season. Its the WIS way.

I actually have a bigger problem with wearing a glove on left hand for golf.... big difference between my arm and hand lol

Sent from my Legend using Tapatalk

Cartier Tank Solo XL」「Casio MDV-106」「Chanel J12 GMT」「Emporio Armani Meccanico AR4603」「Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono / Pan Europ Auto Chrono / Pilot Auto / Khaki Field Mechanical」「Helgray Silverstone」「Manchester Watch Works Iconik 4」「Maranez Bangla / Kata」「Martian Victory」「Omega Speedmaster Pro」
    Pulsar PR7003X1」「Seiko SKA367 "BFK"」「Sinn U1」「Tiger Concept 6538 / GMT」「Tissot Seastar 1000 / T-Touch」「Tudor Black Bay Black」
    Casio G-Shock DW-5025B-7 / DW-6900MC-3 / DW-6900MC-4 / DW-6900MC-6 / DW-6900MC-7 / G9000-8V」

Re: Tan Lines.

Nope. Mine is terrible but its always hidden by a watch so who cares?!
    Cheers,
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My big watches leave big "pasty white" marks on my left wrist, which look really dopey when I want to wear my small/ladies watches. So yes, I do tend to want to tan the pasty bits. I just take the watch from the left and wear it on the right a few times a week to keep that to a minimum. Feels a little strange, but it beats going watchless (horrors)!

~Sherry.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Switch wrists perhaps? I'm a lefty and at work I wear my watches on the right hand, but outside of work I will occasionally wear them on the left.
    afc14284 likes this.

Am I supposed to be upset about a spot that might develop a little less cancer than the rest of my arm? I do my best not to tan at all, so a watch tan line to me is a sign I should be applying sunscreen more regularly and/or wearing sleeves.

I don`t like the way "watch tan" looks. I put conscious effort to reduce it. That includes (oh the horrorrrrrr) going out without a watch.

Haf

I have a pretty nasty tan line on my left wrist because I always wear a watch, even when I'm doing intense activities like biking or basketball. I've tried switching the watch to my right wrist but that feels wrong on so many levels that for instance I can't even decently throw a basketball ball with a watch on my wrist. Naked wrist is a totally a no go so yeah, I guess I'll stick with the tan line for the moment.
    Last edited by Haf; June 24th, 2011 at 12:07.

I like a bit of watch tan line. That said I wear my bracelet pretty loose so it moves and I don't get such a good one.

Banned

Bugger, I was hoping there were going to be pictures of (nude) supermodels with tan lines..........

[to the females WISs, I'm just joking and not (trying) being sexist]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information