Teeny Tiny Scratch is driving me insane!!!

Thread: Teeny Tiny Scratch is driving me insane!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Teeny Tiny Scratch is driving me insane!!!

Hey guys has this ever happened to any of you? You get your Spanking brand new watch, so you wear it a few days and along come the tiny scratches which is to be expected but even then you kind of end up wishing the watch was indestructible.

Well after having my orient for about 3 weeks now the bracelet is only very lightly scuffed which I can live with, but the front Saphire crystal has a very light tiny scratch just above 11 o clock. Its almost unnoticeable BUT ITS THERE!!!!! AUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Now Im left scratching my head as to how it got there since I havent banged it or scraped it against anything and there is nothing else on the crystal or bezel. AND ITS SAPPHIRE FOR PETES SAKE! WHY! WHY!!!!!

But really what bugs me most is that its so subtle that its almost as its not there. I guess thats a good thing but it still bugs me. What about you guys any experiences with first scrathes dings and dents?

Exclamation Re: Teeny Tiny Scratch is driving me insane!!!

I have a watch that was bought for me as a wedding present. I scraped it once against a fired brick wall. I was horrified to see a trail of red ceramic dust over the crystal.

But it wiped of clean. (Not from the case though )

Are you sure it is sapphire?

Re: Teeny Tiny Scratch is driving me insane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tictocdoc View Post
    Hey guys has this ever happened to any of you? You get your Spanking brand new watch, so you wear it a few days and along come the tiny scratches which is to be expected but even then you kind of end up wishing the watch was indestructible.
    Try not to beat yourself up too much over it - the scratch will look smaller in time, because the other scratches sure to follow will make it appear smaller just by relation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like my little marks, took awhile to reach that point. It merely means it is now mine

You should see the clasp on my speedmaster!
    Not as clumsy or as random as a cell phone. An elegant timepiece for a more civilized time.

I know what you mean, brotha. But these tiny scratches are inevitable. Think of it this way: at least you know the watch is yours now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLight View Post

Are you sure it is sapphire?
    That would be my question too. If it is are you sure it wasn't a flaw that was there when you received the watch that you are only noticing now? Also several times I have had what looks to be a scratch on a sapphire crystal and only after some good rubbing with my thumb/nail it comes off.
    There was a thread on scratches a few days ago. They are inevitable, and for me they always hurt. Most people say it gets better after time, but I seriously hate scratches. Not just for my watches...but everything.

Quote Originally Posted by subrosa View Post
    I like my little marks, took awhile to reach that point. It merely means it is now mine

You should see the clasp on my speedmaster!
    Seriously, why is that Speedy clasp such a scratch magnet I often wondered? You could breathe on it and a swirly would appear, as if by magic.

esm

damn scratch marks. Managed to scratch a tiny mark at 2 oclock location on the speedy pro within the first hour of wearing it.

Suppose it has made it easier for me since the first scratch on a new watch is the worst one to take.

As my mother used to say, wear marks just means you've loved it.

Put a few more scratches on it and it wouldn't seem so bad. Seriously, if you're going to wear it, any watch will eventually show some signs of wear. Don't worry about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information