Tell Us About Your Automatics UnReal Accuracy.

Thread: Tell Us About Your Automatics UnReal Accuracy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tell Us About Your Automatics UnReal Accuracy.

Howdy everyone.Up until 2 weeks ago I was strictly a poor mans watch collector.Mostly Seiko's,Orient's & Invicta's.About 3 months ago I sold off 20 some odd watches to fund my grail.When I got the watch on Aug. 21st.I hack set it with "time.gov".I managed to get it perfect & checked it a couple of times to make sure I wasn't 1 or 2 seconds off.10 days later I checked the watch against "time.gov" to see how it was doing.In 10 days the regulated(NOT COSC),ETA 2824-2 movement had gained a total of 3 seconds!NO B.S,+3 seconds in 10 days.It's now been 13 days & it is at +4 seconds!When I ordered my watch I expected +- 3 to 6 seconds per day,I never dreamed it would run like this.So tell us,am I the only person to ever score an automatic with amazing accuracy?

Banned

Re: Tell Us About Your Automatics UnReal Accuracy.

It will change. It is still in the running in period!
    but do not worry, even if the watch performa +-6-10 sec a day, it is quite OK!
    And yes, I have a couple of watches with a better than COSC.
    One JLC Master Moon, and two JLC Reverso.
    They have never been COSC tested, but all went through the 1000 hour testing by JLC.
    Last edited by Janne; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:01.

I assume you are talking about your Doxa (very nice, btw). I like autos because of their engineering and functioning. So long as they're within about 10 seconds per 24 hours, I'm happy (and most of my autos are well w/in that range). I don't live my life to within tolerances of 10 seconds per day anyway (hell, not even 10 minutes per day, for that matter).

At any rate, congrats on your upgrade! I'm sure there will be more to come. . . .

D
    Last edited by link2derek; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:57. Reason: Sppellling!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by E8ArmyDiver View Post
    When I ordered my watch I expected +- 3 to 6 seconds per day,....

Quote Originally Posted by E8ArmyDiver View Post
    ...In 10 days the regulated(NOT COSC),ETA 2824-2 movement had gained a total of 3 seconds!NO B.S,+3 seconds in 10 days.It's now been 13 days & it is at +4 seconds!...
    That's quite good of course, but those movements are actually quite good. I don't know what grade of movements all of my watches have, but I can get most of them to be very accurate - at least for how I wear them. My manual wind ETA 6497/8 movements are always within a few seconds of perfect - they're a bit sensitive as to how they're set down at night and I can get them to gain or loose a bit as needed.

I also have a few watches with the ETA 2824 movements and while they're not as positionally sensitive as the 6497/8 movements, they are more consistent from day to day. A Debaufre ran about +1 sec/day right out of the box. A Glycine Lagunare 1000 ran better than 1 second slow/day and after I regulated it, it ran +0.4 sec/day over 45 days (and since it ran a couple of seconds slow the last couple of days I could say that it was exactly +0 seconds off for the last 30 days I wore it) My Kobold LSD has been running at +3.8 seconds/day for the last few months and it's very consistent from day to day. I'm sure that when I get around to opening it I'll be able to regulate it to around +0.5 sec/day or better.

I really wish that one could regulate the watch without having to open the case. I know of only one watch that has this feature, although I suspect there are some others. That way, if one really cared to keep good records it would be trivial to get the watch to run almost perfectly for however you wore it.

In your experience, can you expect that a brand new watch that runs +8s/day ahead (even though it's a COSC) will have lost a few seconds after it has been used for a few weeks (so that it will run only +6s/day ahead)?

I timed my watches a little while ago. Winner (beating brands like Breitling and Omega) was my Seiko Orange Monster. It gained 0,5 seconds in 24 hours. Pretty cool

My Oris Titanium diver runs +3-6 daily depending on position at rest.
    I don't think that is Unreal just average. Interestingly though it runs faster when I don't wear it for a few days and hand wind it to keep it going.
    I observe it's rate but don't get too hung up about it.

My Damasko DA36 is just ridiculously accurate.
    It will gain/lose a second or 2 per day and end up within +-3 or so over a month's time with no positioning tricks.
    Like that from new and it's a few yrs. old now.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Speaking of which, I just finished checking the 24 hour period gain / loss for my Hamilton Khaki - also a 2824 equipped watch - gained 3 seconds over the last day.

Had it for almost a week as of today - I'm quite impressed. We'll see what it averages out to after a week of use.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information