Theoretical musing on fashion watches vs. cheapo Chinese ones - which is more honest?
Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By soaking.fused
  • 3 Post By John MS
  • 1 Post By Paulo 8135
  • 6 Post By brandon\
  • 1 Post By gangrel
  • 1 Post By kjf2017

Thread: Theoretical musing on fashion watches vs. cheapo Chinese ones - which is more honest?

Theoretical musing on fashion watches vs. cheapo Chinese ones - which is more honest?

So, there are all these fashion watches, Michael Kors, Burberry, Armani, ... and then there are the Chinese super cheapos that can be had under $10. To me, the latter are more honest because no one is in any doubt that they are buying a crappy watch and are just having a bit of fun. The former though ride on the prestige of their brands to convey the idea that you are buying a quality item, which is almost always not the case. What do my esteemed fellow watch enthusiasts think?

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Re: Theoretical musing on fashion watches vs. cheapo Chinese ones - which is more honest?

Re: Theoretical musing on fashion watches vs. cheapo Chinese ones - which is more honest?

I think that if you would focus on watches you find interesting that you would have no time for inane posts like this one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

My experience of fashion watches in the $100-$200 range has taught me that they tend to be decent, reliable watches. Burberry who you mention have sapphire crystals and are Swiss Made. CK are owned by the Swatch Group and are also Swiss Made. Gucci, Fossil, Skagen all have pretty good reputations; even the oft-derided MK aren't badly made.
    Slm643 likes this.
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

- Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    - Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-7A2JF
    - Longines Flagship Chronograph
    - Omega Geneve
    - Seiko Premier SKP391P1
    - Tissot PR50 Automatic

Sometimes, just every once in a while, I type up a post. It makes sense in the moment whilst I’m knuckle deep in Cheez Wiz and crushing Skate or Die on my Super Nintendo. The dog is barking because the delivery guy is here with another watch or a sweet pair of rims for my Honda Del Sol. Then through the sweet aroma of Axe body spray and warm ketchup, I realize how much of a sh*tpost it is and yank the power cord out of the back of my CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra from Best Buy.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Thank you so much for the polite reply. I disagree that its inane. There are many posts in these forums. If I saw one I considered inane, I would just ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    I think that if you would focus on watches you find interesting that you would have no time for inane posts like this one.

4 out of 5 posters responding picked Inane.

brandon...Cheez Wiz? Really? There's real food, fake food, then Cheez Wiz.............

Oh, gotcha. Association. Chinese watches and Cheez Wiz. Utterly natural thought process.
    brandon\ likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

What's particularly disturbing is that you, or anyone, thinks that this is an issue worthy of discussion...

Right, then back to the highly intellectual series of forum posts that end up being series of wrist pics. I can see where the high standards come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    What's particularly disturbing is that you, or anyone, thinks that this is an issue worthy of discussion...
    Slm643 likes this.

It is now time to bring this to a close.

Thread Information