are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

Thread: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    145

    are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    i know the wenger commando sr (quartz) looks similar, are there any automatic that looks similar?


  2. #2
    Member RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,409

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    What price range? Sinn makes almost an exact copy for a couple grand.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    630

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    What price range? Sinn makes almost an exact copy for a couple grand.

    I guess they do!

    http://i43.tinypic.com/2ekj69l.jpg

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    145

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    Quote Originally Posted by Close 2 Cool View Post
    RJ, you weren't kidding when you said exact copy!

    what's the model's name/number?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    898

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    I think the word copy gives the wrong impression. Sinn purchased the rights to the Navitimer design from Breitling when they were going bankrupt in the late seventies / early eighties. So it is not a copy, but the Sinn version of the same original Breitling design.

  7. #6
    Member TxKarateDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    829

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    The Sinn model is the 903 and it IS nice, but you don't see many for sale on the forums. And the price is cheaper but not a lot.

    http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/vi...4&idcategory=0


    Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

  8. #7
    Member Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    Hi,
    I have a 'Stovard Jürgenson' (it was a private label watch so I don't know who really produced those) that looks a bit like a Navitimer:


    They were sold for a laughable amount some time ago on a German forum - they have a nicely finished 'soignée' ETA-7750 inside:



    However I don't know if they can still be found somewhere .

    Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

  9. #8
    Member RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,409

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 'Stovard Jürgenson' (it was a private label watch so I don't know who really produced those) that looks a bit like a Navitimer:


    They were sold for a laughable amount some time ago on a German forum - they have a nicely finished 'soignée' ETA-7750 inside:



    However I don't know if they can still be found somewhere .

    Greetings, Sedi
    Thats pretty cool. Its like a diver/navi hybrid.

  10. #9
    Member Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    :thanks I think design-wise it looks even better than the Navitimer 'cause it's more rugged. Also the construction of the slide rule looks technically advanced - the movement of the outer ring is transferred to the inner scale by some sort of gear ring (don't know if I got this right - my English sometimes isn't good enough to describe technical stuff adequately). On the original Navitimer-design the whole bezel together with the crystal was turnable to use the slide rule - therefore it's only 30m waterproof whereas the Stovard is 100m waterproof.

    Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

  11. #10
    Member RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,409

    Re: are there any watches that looks similar to the Breitling Navitimer Chronograph?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    :thanks I think design-wise it looks even better than the Navitimer 'cause it's more rugged. Also the construction of the slide rule looks technically advanced - the movement of the outer ring is transferred to the inner scale by some sort of gear ring (don't know if I got this right - my English sometimes isn't good enough to describe technical stuff adequately). On the original Navitimer-design the whole bezel together with the crystal was turnable to use the slide rule - therefore it's only 30m waterproof whereas the Stovard is 100m waterproof.

    Greetings, Sedi
    I actually just bought a navitimer last week. It definitlely isnt very rugged, but I bought it as more of a dressy type deal. Some of the other breitling slide rules are similar to what you describe with at least 100m WR.

    How big is the stovard?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •