Are there enough fans to create a Longines Forum ?

Thread: Are there enough fans to create a Longines Forum ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Are there enough fans to create a Longines Forum ?

I'm just asking. They are a pioneer in watch industry, have a great history and make great watches.
    They may not be as popular as Rolex, Omega, Tag or Breitlings (the marketing dept has an important role in this) but they produce about 550 000 watches a year, so I thought there maybe enough Longines lovers for a brand forum (those who believe that "Elegance is an attitude").

Moderators: I don't know what would the procedure be. Do you need a certain number of people interested. Do we have to vote, etc:?

Thanks,

stuffler,mike

Re: Are there enough fans to create a Longines Forum ?

Well, regarding the percentage of Longines related threads/posts I´d say there´s not enough "interest" to open a Longines Forum. I think "Longines" is covered by our Public Forum in an adequate way.

There was a time when Longines was more popular that those brands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How about a B&R and IWC shared forum, two totally different watches but would probably get enough traffic between the two! PLEASSSSSSE......
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

WUS and Ernie, (same thing) sincerely listen to posts like this.
    This is a BIGTIME watch forum ppl.
    Money IS involved.
    Snooze or lose kind of thing.
    Feel free to post suggestions like this, and know, they ARE seen and discussed.
    It's all about traffic.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    How about a B&R and IWC shared forum, two totally different watches but would probably get enough traffic between the two! PLEASSSSSSE......
    We had this issue already..............

Well, I'd certainly vote for a Longines forum - an exciting brand right now, bound to get bigger

New York City: "The city that never sleeps". If it got some sleep, it wouldn't look so crappy!

I'm certainly a fan-- I have 3 modern watches and 2 vintage tuning fork models. This comes up on TZ periodically, but never seems to acquire sufficient critical mass for a forum to be created-- I don't think there is a Longines forum on any other site.
    Longines is getting a lot of buzz lately mainly do to the great new dive watch models they now have-- from the great looking and 'relatively" affordable Hydro Conquest line, to the beautiful, though almost mythic (at least in the U.S.), Legend Diver.
    Swatch Group is moving Omega up a notch and repositioning it as a luxury brand, and moving Longines down a notch to fill the void. The result is Omega prices will rise beyond the price range of many buyers, and Swatch Group hopes they will turn to Longines Hydro Conquest line of divers for more affordable sports watches. They're doing a lot of PR to change the general publics perception of Longines as only a luxury dress watch brand-- or even worse, as just an overpriced fashion brand mainly worn by women (well, Cartier and Piaget both suffer from this-- so Longines is in good company )
    With the increased popularity, we may soon see enough interest for someone to start a Longines forum. Curiously, these days there are probably more posts about Longines in dive watch forums, that in general or luxury watch forums.
    The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    ...these days there are probably more posts about Longines in dive watch forums, that in general or luxury watch forums.
    When I search the Public and Dive forums using "Longines", I don't see much interest, esp for a brand forum. Longines are nice watches, nothing special, just another SS case with an ETA movement and Swatch hype/price. Too vanilla for me

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeler View Post
    Longines are nice watches, nothing special, just another SS case with an ETA movement and Swatch hype/price. Too vanilla for me
    I think this affirmation is too superficial. If we take your affirmation, ALL the watch manufacturers that use other than their in-house movements (ETA Sellita Valjoux) are just another case manufacturers ?

If you look at Longines history, you'll see that it is one of the most awarded and most innovative watch manufacturers in history (in both mechanical and quartz watches, for instance they manufactured the first portable quartz watch and they brought many innovations in mechanical watches).

It is true that now they are in the Swach group (but don't forget that together with Omega they founded the Swatch Group as it is now). And they did this in order to better survive the swiss watch crisis of the 80s.

It is alos true that they closed their movement factory and now use ETA.

But I cannot believe that they can be considered just a case manufacturer. Just put a Longines on your wrist and you'll see the difference.

Regards,

P.S. I may be subjective because I like Longines, I've just read the "Chronos' magazine dedicated entirely to this brand. It is just amazing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information