Are there Luminox fakes?

Thread: Are there Luminox fakes?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are there Luminox fakes?

I have looked around and noticed there isn't a Luminox forum here. I am looking at some on ebay and seen some online. Are there alot of fakes out there? If so what should I look for? It seems there are fakes for every watch out there, so thought I would ask here. Did I miss the Luminox forum somewhere?
    Last edited by TagLuver; March 19th, 2010 at 02:40.

Re: Are there Luminox fakes?

Welcome Tagluver.

Welcome aboard!

There isn't a Luminox forum but if you use the search function you can find a bit about them here and in the pil/mil forum. AFAIK there aren't any fakes, but if you have a specific model/sale in mind, post that and better minds will prevail.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

I have an older one and I have always enjoyed them. I have never seen a fake, I am guessing it would be rather difficult to fake the tritium tubes, but I suppose someone could just use the tubes and put in regular lume.

Best of luck with your Luminox.
    Not as clumsy or as random as a cell phone. An elegant timepiece for a more civilized time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think there is a watchuseek forum called 'pilot's and military watches'......Luminox would certainly be under that umbrella. Luminox is a brand OEM made by a company MB-microtec......and that company makes watches for several other companies, with similar military styles...some same almost

Generally people don't fake affordable watches like Luminox, but I wouldn't put it past the Chinese. It is unlikely that the watches you are looking at are fakes, unless the price is too good to be true.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by dnslater View Post
    Generally people don't fake affordable watches like Luminox...
    Common sense would dictate this to be true but a recent trip to SE Asia has changed my mind. EVERYTHING is faked. Everything. Not just watches. Any product that has a recognizable name brand has a fake. In addition to fake Patek, Rolex and Breguet I also saw fake Suunto, G-Shock, even low end Casio models. I'd bet the farm there are fake Luminox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    Common sense would dictate this to be true but a recent trip to SE Asia has changed my mind. EVERYTHING is faked. Everything. Not just watches. Any product that has a recognizable name brand has a fake. In addition to fake Patek, Rolex and Breguet I also saw fake Suunto, G-Shock, even low end Casio models. I'd bet the farm there are fake Luminox as well.
    Ya this surprised me as well. I haven't taken a trip to china YET, but I did some reading up on fake watches to look out for, and even the Seiko 5 line has been counterfeited. The fricken Seiko 5 line, its probably the cheapest auto line of watches, and its been faked! After reading that, i decided that when i go overseas for my trip, i'm not buying anything in china, and i'm going to buy my watch in Hong Kong at an AD. that'll hopefully reduce the chance of snaging my self a feiko.

The fakes abound on E-Bay. You take your chances there.

I kinda figured there were fakes out there. I did end up scoring a used one on ebay today. This is my first Luminox, and it is beautiful. Not perfect but for the price, and the purpose I bought it for, I am not going to complain. Now to just get it here so I can fondle it.

Quote Originally Posted by TagLuver View Post
    I kinda figured there were fakes out there. I did end up scoring a used one on ebay today. This is my first Luminox, and it is beautiful. Not perfect but for the price, and the purpose I bought it for, I am not going to complain. Now to just get it here so I can fondle it.

as we say here....pictures or it didn't happen....
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information