Is There Something Wronf Woth My FS Listing?
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Is There Something Wronf Woth My FS Listing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Is There Something Wronf Woth My FS Listing?

I know that this is a bit of an odd question and most likely out of the norm as far as topics go, but I have had my BlueMas up for sale for two weeks without hardly any activity at all. One Member asked some questions and wanted some pics, but other than that, nothing. I understand that two weeks isn’t that long, but given the popularity of this particular watch and how quick I have seen them sell, I honestly thought this thing would be sold in a matter of days. I mean when I purchased both the BlackMas and BlueMas, I literally had to hawk the FS section and jump right on them, otherwise, they would be sold before I could send a PM. Not to mention, other Sbdc053’s with just a couple few hundred views are selling all around mine, meanwhile, almost 1300 views and and two weeks later...still for sale.

So you tell me; bad description, poor photos, overpriced? Gotta be something.

Again, I know this is a bit unusual and uncommon to ask, so easy please. If you see something, or have a suggestion, please feel free to advise, otherwise, well you know...

Heres my listing...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs...0-4764051.html

As usual, thanks in advance.
    Current Rotation:

Sport Dress:

Divers: Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY211c

Beaters: Luminox Navy Seal Colormark | Citizen Eco-Drive

Future Sport Dress:

Black Dial: Tudor Black Bay 36
    Blue Dial: Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
    White Dial: Grand Seiko SBGX259

Future Divers:

Black Dial: Tudor Black Bay 58
    Blue Dial: Already Have
    White Dial: Sinn 104

Future Beaters:

G-Shock GM55600-1

Photos look good to me. I tend to put a few more specs in my post or at least a link directly to them, for those unfamiliar with the model. I think it helps to have it on one page in case they’re not sure if case size, lug width etc. But that’s just me. I’m not that familiar with this particular Seiko so I can’t comment on pricing. It may just be bad timing. I know when I was looking for a SARB017, for a few weeks, there were hardly any for sale and of course as soon as I bought mine, a ton showed back up on the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by katfromTN; August 18th, 2018 at 03:49.
    Vioviv likes this.

Re: Is There Something Wronf Woth My FS Listing?

IMHO, here are three things that may make your sale harder. First, you modified a nice watch to your personal taste. Others may not share the same taste, and want it as Seiko made it. What you see as an "improvement" others may see as destroying the watch. It is like restoring a classic car; you never really get back what you put into it when you sell it. This is not a criticism; it is just an observation that modded watches are harder to sell than original watches.

Second, despite what you say, you can purchase this watch brand new with the bracelet (Seiko Watches - Prospex 200M Automatic Blue - Bracelet - Ref. SBDC053), albeit for more than you are asking.

Third, saying (in bold) the you will "politely" ignore any offer other than what you ask may turn people off of even engaging with you. When was the last time you felt like someone who ignored you did so politely? Moreover, used watches are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay (no more and no less). And saying that you will ignore any offers below your asking price may be ignoring what the market is telling you. If I think that the watch is worth $650 rather than the $700 you are asking, why would I even both to make the offer if I know you will ignore me?

Just my $0.02. It is a very nice watch that I flipped only to purchase another. I wish you the best of luck selling it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Basically--your attitude. First, your price seems a bit high (for a used AND modified watch), and combined with the fact that you are completely inflexible ("price is firm") suggests that you are rather demanding, and less approachable than most sellers--kind of a horse with blinders on. If I saw your listing, I too would pass.
    Morris Day and UberDave like this.

When I see "price is firm" and "offers will be ignored", I don't even bother. My preset limit may just be $5 or $10 below what the seller is asking, but I honor their wishes. Question is, would you really turn down that difference? If not, perhaps take that part out of the ad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Vioviv likes this.

10/10 title
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Can't believe I am helping out because I HATE CONUS only sales, and thus have a negative view of the seller...but here goes anyway.

* Make the price negotiable. Firstly, you have no idea what others have sold for (except eBay in the last 60 days) and only know what they were listed for. Secondly, it comes off as arrogant. Thirdly, people like to negotiate. If you want to end up at the price you have currently listed, list it slightly higher to start with.

* Make your third picture your first. At the moment you are just seeing a small watch and a whole lot of box and papers on watchrecon (see screen shot below). Watchrecon is how many people search these days.

* Don't tell the potential buyer to "remember". It’s like you are lecturing them. Always better to take a neutral or slight self-deprecating tone, as it makes you seem more approachable.

* Don't be one of those nepotistic Americans who does CONUS only sales posts. Sure there are many good reasons to avoid some sellers from some countries and to avoid the "so called" hassle of International transactions, but it’s a big wide globalised world out there containing a diverse range of fellow watch collectors from all over. This is an International forum, so consider that too. If you really only want to deal with Americans then you should seek out an American only forum. If some nice watch collector from Malaysia or Germany or the UAE wants to make an offer, but you’d still rather sell to into the US, you can find a nice polite way to not transact with them.

Last edited by soaking.fused; August 18th, 2018 at 09:47. Reason: Rule 7 Violation - No Politics
    Vioviv likes this.

The way you come across in the post would prevent me from engaging with you. The fact it’s modified and the price is ‘firm’ puts me off also
    Vioviv likes this.
    All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you...

I have sold watches in under and hour and some have taken weeks. Patience is a virtue.
    Also-if you say your price is "firm" it had best be below the average selling price for a similar watch. Buyers like to deal. After a period of bumps tou should say that "reasonable" offers will be considered. If you get a lowball offer you have every right to tell them to go pound sand but if someome offers 650-ish you should probably sell. Selling is a 2 way street. Firm is a 4 letter word .
    Vioviv likes this.

Wow, this is a great thread full of great advice. As a novice seller, I'm paying attention to every word.
    For the OP, I don't know if this is helpful, but I sold my SBDC053 w/bracelet in about 45 minutes after listing it. I tend to go overboard with specs and pics in my listings ...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/so...l-4752903.html

However, I do agree w/the other members here that a modified watch is going to be a tough sell at your current price.

PS: I hope it doesn't seem like I'm offering my listing as the only way to list a watch. I'm still new at this and I realize my listings are too long, too chatty, too verbose. I've never been good at brevity. My point is that I swamp a potential buyer with everything they need to know about the watch. The last thing you want is that potential buyer to navigate somewhere else to find specs, or additional pictures, because they might find a better deal, or an entirely different watch, or decide to watch something on Netflix. If you've hooked a member into reading your listing, you want to keep them there.
    Last edited by Vioviv; August 18th, 2018 at 05:09.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information