There's no point getting an AP other than the Royal Oak (incl. Offshore) collections
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: There's no point getting an AP other than the Royal Oak (incl. Offshore) collections

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

There's no point getting an AP other than the Royal Oak (incl. Offshore) collections

Any other watch brand suffers the same situation as AP where only a one of their lines is desirable and the rest of their collection is virtually non-existant? My AD is throwing crazy discounts for the Jules Audermas collections (and still struggling to clear out their non RO stocks) but not a single cent off for the Royal Oaks.

Re: There's no point getting an AP other than the Royal Oak (incl. Offshore) collections

What gives you the knowledge and authority to make a claim of this magnitude? I am sure AP wouldn't make any other watches if the only thing buying was a RO.

LOL @ RO being the only desirable AP.
    My Collection in pictures ---------------- Instagram

Jean Richard 60400-11D705-FK4A|Steinhart O1V |Magrette Moana Pacific Professional G14 | Christopher Ward C60-42-Q-SKBK | Christopher Ward C60-42-Q-SKKSI |Seiko Pepsi SKX009 | Rodina ST2130 | Tisell Pilot P000000X | G-Shock Men's DW9052-1V | Orient​ Bambino ER24005W | Casio G-Shock Men's DW9052-1V | Citizen Ecodrive CAD420-07E | Wenger Swiss Military Terragraph GMT Watch 663124 | Bulova 96A122 |Helgray Silverstone (British Racing Green) | Seiko SNZH57K1

Re: There's no point getting an AP other than the Royal Oak (incl. Offshore) collections

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't care for the look of the RO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't care for the look of the RO.
    I'm with ya, and the one I handled in the late 80's pulled the hairs out of my arm ..... but I was intrigued with the winder box which accompanied the RO
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

ROO is find abhoerent - on looks, not technical merit.

RO is a classic sports watch, beautiful, but I find others to be more interesting at the price point.

Jules Audemars is in my view their best line and is stunning. Regardless of demand, it is my favorite AP line. Whenever I see them on f381 - I start salivating (ex: mlcor shared his new acquisition: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/ne...l-2216594.html - beautiful)

I think that people should not confuse popularity with quality. Just because Invicta (sorry folks) is in demand, does not make it a good watch. Similarly general population goes for most recognizable brands and models. AP RO (and unfortunately ROO lately) are the most famliar model range - see all athletes and rappers wearing them.
    I'll take a Jules chrono or a classy extra-thin (2 hander, small seconds, 3-hander) over APROO anyday of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinxx View Post
    Any other watch brand suffers the same situation as AP where only a one of their lines is desirable and the rest of their collection is virtually non-existant? ...
    The Rolex Oyster.
    tigerpac likes this.

Popular steel Rolex models work the same way, but that doesn't mean no one ever buys the precious-metal models or that they aren't worth owning.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    The Rolex Oyster.
    Yup. I'm willing to bet the Oyster perpetual line accounts for at least 95% of Rolex's sales, however recent improvements to the Cellini line may change this.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinxx View Post
    Any other watch brand suffers the same situation as AP where only a one of their lines is desirable and the rest of their collection is virtually non-existant?
    Hublot Big Bang?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    The Rolex Oyster.
    True, but with as much volume as this broad and versatile designation does (everything from Datejust to Submariner to Daytona to Day Date) sales of dress watches on a strap really aren't necessary to balance out the brand.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information