Are these GO color combos too similar? Which functionality would you choose?

Thread: Are these GO color combos too similar? Which functionality would you choose?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these GO color combos too similar? Which functionality would you choose?

I think if you have too many repetitive combos / dial colors in your rotation - then certain watches just wont get any wrist time. I am trying very hard to avoid that mistake in this situation. All watches pictured below:

1. Do you think the GO / Omega color combo is too similar? Or do you think I could get away with having both Omega and GO Lunar because the GO dial layout is completely different?

2. For the next potential purchase, there is only room for one GO. Would you go for the GO Lunar or the GO Reserve? I think the Lunar looks better, but the Reserve is probably alot more functional

Thanks!

My Omega AT (I own)

Proposed GO Lunar

Proposed GO Reserve

Banned

Re: Are these GO color combos too similar? Which functionality would you choose?

The GO PML is more of a silver dial where the Omega is white. The GO is also dressier. I don't think they're too similar and you seem to favor the moonphase. Besides, both the power reserve and moonphase really aren't necessary features - they're just cool which is why we want them. I bet the PML would look cool on a blue strap also. Don't settle at this price - go for the PML over the PR.

Re: Are these GO color combos too similar? Which functionality would you choose?

I have the same philosophy as you regarding color combos. Just put a brown strap on one of them, and problem solved! The Lunar is awesome, but I think the Reserve is more versatile and useful like you said. Plus, it doesn't have blue hands, which further differentiates it from the AT. Tough choice though, the moonphase is such a cool complication.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, the moonphase is SO COOL! How do I possibly manage to get myself wrapped up in such conundrums???

v76

You my friend, are trading up in any case

I think I like the moonphase a little more w.r.t. design. It would be alright by me to have many watches of the same dial color (white/silver/black), but I think in this case the GO is silver while the Omega's white. What about the Zenith? Doing a rethink about that watch?
    Last edited by v76; March 30th, 2010 at 15:11.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

I am wearing my AT right now. The dial is cream, white and even silverish in some lighting situations. This is my concern about it being too close in color to the GO Lunar. (Not to mention the blue hands are the same color of the GO's.)

Yes, rethinking the Zenith

v76

Ah well, can't go wrong with either Zenith or GO in my opinion. Whichever one you choose, you'll have a great watch!
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Agreed, they are both excellent watches So really cant go wrong in either case.

What swayed my decision (at 2 AM this morning) was: If I am spending on this kind of watch - I probably would prefer the legendary El Primero (and the nauseating amount of prestigeous awards it has won.) But I am not a big chronograph guy. The GO offers a more refined finish than the Elite cal and more of an unusual dial concept. Finally, I asked myself which watch would wow me more. This time, it is GO. So today, it is GO. But that could all change tomorrow we will see

PS: All of your posts in my previous thread yesterday had no bearing whatsoever on my decison process

This will be a big one - a gift (to myself) for graduating B-School in a months time. So I figured - You only live once, right

OK back to the thread topic at hand!
    Last edited by Aquaracer1; March 30th, 2010 at 16:39.

I prefer the moonphase, but I also promised myself I'd not buy one until I had a winder to put it on.

Even from an aesthetics pov, the dial desing of the moonphase wins for me.

I would say also, that the watch is different enough to own along side the AT, but seriously, if it really came to that, I'd flip the AT for a speedy or one of the black dial ATs if I had to. Once I owned a GO it would need to be pried from my cold, dead hands.
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by cp_ste.croix View Post
    I would say also, that the watch is different enough to own along side the AT,
    Thanks for weighing in!

Quote Originally Posted by cp_ste.croix View Post
    but seriously, if it really came to that, I'd flip the AT Once I owned a GO it would need to be pried from my cold, dead hands.
    I hear ya, but you never know with me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information