Which of these re-issues would you recommend?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Which of these re-issues would you recommend?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Which of these re-issues would you recommend?

Hi. I have the previlge to choose my own christmas present this year. It's either gonna be the Longines Legend diver (date version) or the Tissot heritage 160 anniversery. I love the look of each watch and their prices are similar. The LLD has date which is useful, but the tissot is COSC (nice bonus). Which one would you choose?

Here are links to both watches

http://c745.r45.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/...nniversary.jpg

https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...nes-legend.jpg

Re: Which of these re-issues would you recommend?

LLD anyday for me,the Tissot is a bit too busy for my taste and LLD has that smooth memovox like design that I like...
    azmokies likes this.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

The Longines Legend Diver, without question. The watch has a classic look that will age gracefully (not to mention the brand has more cachet), whereas the Tissot looks gimmicky to me, and I can see myself tiring of it quickly and relegating it to the watch box.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love the LLD, but that Tissot makes me drool. It's a pretty faithful homage to the original. ...but I guess the Longines is, too!

I dont know what you mean by gimmicky as it is their own design from the 50s, but I understand the LLD has quite a following (with good reason).

Longines, would be my choice. Tissot is too busy IMHO
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Inactive

As much as I like Tissot, and don't hate that one. I believe the winner here by quite a bit is the Longines.
    Perdendosi likes this.

Alright, I see where this is going :D
    Anyone who happens to have both? How accurate is the movement in the Longines? I think it's an elaborate grade 2824-2 but that tells me nothing.

Personally, I'd pick the Tissot. It's a unique take on providing global time functionality. It doesn't look like very many other watches one will come across. It's also one of the few watches having a lot of stuff/information on the face that also looks very good, and that's not easy to accomplish, so on that factor alone, it's noteworthy. The innards will be rock solid ETA, which is also a good thing. If you travel outside the US, definitely go for this one. The case back appears to indicate that the watch is COSC certified. I don't think that's critical by any means, but it's nice that it is. I t

I think the LLD is handsome, but I'd prefer the one without the date. That beautiful black face cries out to be kept simple and uninterrupted by a date opening. The back of Longines is cool, but I'd hardly buy or suggest another person buy a watch because it looks great face down. This watch will also be readable in the dark, and thank God they put lume on it with it's black dial. What makes me like this watch is that it's a dive watch that would be okay to wear with a suit. I rarely can say that about a dive watch, but then I'm one of the folks these days who pretty often has to wear a suit to work.

I really think neither is a bad choice and that style will be the final driver to your decision. The two are quite similar in all the other dimensions one might want to weigh.

All the best. Merry Christmas to you.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Cheers,
    Tony

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment.
    ― A.A. Milne

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by kirkh666 View Post
    I dont know what you mean by gimmicky as it is their own design from the 50s, but I understand the LLD has quite a following (with good reason).
    I meant that it's an unconventional approach to worldtimer design and, although it looks kind of cool because it's unusual, I think the novelty of Tissot's design would wear thin after awhile. The Longines, by comparison, has a more classic and timeless quality to it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information