TheWatchBox.Com
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: TheWatchBox.Com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TheWatchBox.Com

What has been the experience of the forum in trading / buying from watchbox.com? Fair prices? Post purchase customer service?

Re: TheWatchBox.Com

It's a lot like trading in your car, you're never going to get close to the value because they need to build in a margin.

Outside of that they have 16 month warranties on anything that has no factory time left.

As a buyer I can only say good things about them.

Pro tip: call them and negóciate the price. Pretty nice people.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I dealt with Watchbox and with Crown and Caliber last year. I felt I got a slightly better deal and service with C&C but YMMV. Also I think it’s a better option on higher end watches. With high value pieces it’s can be a bit un-nerving to wait for funds, shipping etc...but working with these large dealers provide a bit more confidence.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jaques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

I've bought four watches from TheWatchBox/Govberg over the years and had nothing but great service. My trade in values were not as high as I maybe could have gotten selling them on my own, but their offers were not out of line with other online used watch retailers that I've also dealt with (Timeless and Exquisite). With some bargaining, TheWatchBox/Govberg may also take a hefty percentage off the listed price of a used watch. Each of the four watches I've purchased from them was just as described and I never had an issue with any of them.

Jeff

Bought two from them, with no issues and very good customer service. I agree, they are nice to work with.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I have only purchased from Govberg, and that was back in 2011. I called the store, negotiated a better price, and got the watch the next day. It was as satisfactory as could be. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again, or from Crown and Caliber from what I have heard.

Selling, on the other hand, I cannot comment. I suspect offers will be low as their selling prices seem reasonable for a business that offers warranty, etc.

Govberg owns TheWatchBox, an online sales listings of better men's pre owned watches which came about in 2015 as a result of Govberg's acquisition of a very large on-line retailer of fine men's pre owned watches - WatchUWant.
    Chronographs: Breitling ss/rose Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore ss/ceramic, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Concord C1, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, Hellberg CH-1, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Henley, Royal Oak 18K, Tempest Viking, Benarus Megalodon, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, ti Panerai Sub, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II, GS GMT

I have tried to purchase pre-owned watches from govberg on a few occasions and they are extreme sticklers to their prices which are always significantly higher than can be had for similar condition pre-owned watches that can be found on the Forum. There were two watches that I was very close to getting but they were just unwilling to come down to a price that I thought was reasonable.

On a secondary note, I once drove over an hour to get to their location because they told me they could have a watch that was in their vault brought to that location and when I got there they told me that it was too late to bring the watch over to their place.
    Rolex Datejust II 116300 Blue Index
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Casio G-Shock Gwx-5600wa-7jf

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    I have tried to purchase pre-owned watches from govberg on a few occasions and they are extreme sticklers to their prices which are always significantly higher than can be had for similar condition pre-owned watches that can be found on the Forum. There were two watches that I was very close to getting but they were just unwilling to come down to a price that I thought was reasonable.

On a secondary note, I once drove over an hour to get to their location because they told me they could have a watch that was in their vault brought to that location and when I got there they told me that it was too late to bring the watch over to their place.
    That second one is a deal breaker.
    41Mets likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information