I'm wondering if you guys would help me with my first watch purchase. I'll try to define what I'm looking for very clearly, which should hopefully lead to easier and better answers.
My preferences are:
- Thin - sub 8mm. Around 5mm is what I'm looking for.
- Simplistic - All I want on the watch are the 3 hands, and a date dial. Ideally, instead of numbers or numerals, it would just be lines.
- Affordable - sub 200$ is my budget. The lower, the better.
- Small Size - My wrist is 6.5 inch, so I need a smaller watch than most people. 37 mm is a good size.
- Quiet - I have very sensitive ears, so even small ticking sounds will irritate me. I originally had a Timex that drove me nuts until I returned it. This is a must.
Based on my own research, I found that Citizen watches were high quality and did not have any issues with sound. I gravitated towards the Stiletto line - namely, this one: AR1110-11H - CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE STILETTO LEATHER JAPAN SAPPHIRE 4.7mm ULTRA THIN WATCH $165.00
However, the face is black and I would prefer a white face. There is a white version, but I can't find it anywhere for sale. I've also looked at Skagen watches, but I've heard mixed reviews about their quality. I've also looked at Mondaine watches, but I am looking for a more "formal" dress watch.
I am also not opposed to getting a used watch, but I have no idea where to find them/verify their authenticity, or even what to look for. Additionally, I've heard that vintage clocks usually have a louder movement.
I would appreciate any and all recommendations!