Thin watches
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thin watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thin watches

Hi everyone.

I'm putting together a list of possible watches for my father in law who is looking to make his first forray into watches. I'm trying to capture as many possible styles as possible at the moment with less regard for price, though I think that he will end up south of 5k eventually.

His conditions: he like thin watches, and he wants numerals on his watch. I'm interpreting that liberally with a 12/3/6/9 as my minimum.

I'm looking for all manner of styles; I've got fleiger, art deco, marine, regulateur covered so far...dress will probably be JLC and a Hamilton...sport watch I'm still strugling with.

Anyone have any examples that I can share? Thin, and with numerals...

Thanks in advance!
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Banned
    Have you looked at Nomos Glasshütte? I promise it'll be worth your while.

Re: Thin watches

When I think ultra-thin.. Piaget Altiplano, JLC Master Ultra Thin, maybe even a PP Calatrava or VC Patrimony. Of this list, JLC has the numerals, beautiful watch

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

BDH

Doesn't have numerals all the way around, but the JLC ultra thin is absolutely awesome, probably one of the best regarded thin watches out there!

I have the yellow gold from a few years ago, but the stainless steel (or is it white gold) and rose gold in production today are beautiful as well!

Mine:
    Name:  JLC.jpg
Views: 4120
Size:  530.8 KB

Rose gold:
    Name:  JLC rose gold.jpg
Views: 2402
Size:  35.9 KB

The Hamilton Jazzmaster thin also doesn't have numbers all the way around, and is obviously much cheaper than the JLC, but a very nice watch. Not nearly as thin. I have one of those as well, and enjoy it.

Name:  Hamilton3.jpg.jpg
Views: 2411
Size:  675.0 KB

So yeah, you are right on with the dress watches... as far as something sportier, maybe Tissot? Omega? I don't know much about "thin" sportier watches, but some of their models are sporty and thinner than "thick" watches? Sorry I can't be much help on the sportier end!
    Metlin likes this.
    Current:
    - Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Ultra Thin
    - Longines Heritage 1954 Chronograph
    - Baume et Mercier Classima
    - Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz
    - 1948 Omega Bumper Automatic
    - Seiko SNZH53
    - Seiko Orange Monster
    - Swiss Army Officer

Gone but not forgotten:

- Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moon Watch" 3570.50 cal. 1861
    - 1969 Omega Speedmaster Professional cal. 861
    - Omega Geneve
    - Breitling Colt Auto
    - Tag Heuer Formula One Grande Date Lume Dial
    - Kadloo Ocean-Millenium
    - Swiss Army / Victorinox Ambassador Automatic
    - Oris Automatic
    - Tissot Automatic
    - Orient Mako
    - Steinhart Ocean

Why are you doing this all for him? It seems like you are taking the fun out of the collection hobby for him and enjoying it yourself. Let him explore and serf on his own. He probably wants you to butt out anyway but is just too nice to say anything.
    cottontop
    Sodiac likes this.
    "What's time to a hog?" Junior Samples

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
    Why are you doing this all for him? It seems like you are taking the fun out of the collection hobby for him and enjoying it yourself. Let him explore and serf on his own. He probably wants you to butt out anyway but is just too nice to say anything.
    cottontop
    You are both presumptuous and unhelpful.
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

To everyone else, thanks!

I'd forgotten about Nomos; they are certainly on the list now! I will also take a look at the Piaget and th others mentioned here.
    Chris

For south of 5k, really think your best option for thin watches is the Zenith Elite Ultra thin. No numerals though

Name:  _MGL0135.jpg
Views: 3186
Size:  128.3 KB

if you are willing to go north of 5k, Either JLC or Piaget is the way to go.

Forgot to mention no numerals on this one although it is thin!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information