To those looking for an AD in SE Michigan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thomasp

Thread: To those looking for an AD in SE Michigan

To those looking for an AD in SE Michigan

I was engagement ring shopping this weekend and my gf and I stopped into Ahee in Grosse Pointe. I talked with Peter, the president, and I must say this gentleman really knew his stuff! His watch knowledge was on point (not to mention the Patek he was wearing was out of this world as well). Quickly enough, engagement ring shopping turned into trying on and talking watches. I got to try on my first Nautilus which I nervously forgot to get a photo of!

This is the first person I've encountered "in the wild" that has probably forgotten more about watches than I've learned in my few years of collecting.

I will be directing my soon to be fiance to him when it comes time to purchase my wedding watch. The best part of the day though was my gf saying to us while Peter was explaining a Patek handwind movement to her "Tom, I think I now understand why you call watches art instead of simply jewlery..."
    timsurname likes this.
    My Collection in pictures ---------------- Instagram

Jean Richard 60400-11D705-FK4A|Steinhart O1V |Magrette Moana Pacific Professional G14 | Christopher Ward C60-42-Q-SKBK | Christopher Ward C60-42-Q-SKKSI |Seiko Pepsi SKX009 | Rodina ST2130 | Tisell Pilot P000000X | G-Shock Men's DW9052-1V | Orient​ Bambino ER24005W | Casio G-Shock Men's DW9052-1V | Citizen Ecodrive CAD420-07E | Wenger Swiss Military Terragraph GMT Watch 663124 | Bulova 96A122 |Helgray Silverstone (British Racing Green) | Seiko SNZH57K1

Re: To those looking for an AD in SE Michigan

Nice find. Are there a limited number of good ADs in the Detroit metro?

No, not limited, but some are better to deal with than others. I don't get to the East side much but when I do I'll have to stop by ;) . I've seen ads and billboards for Ahee.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are plenty of ADs, however not all are very knowledgeable.
    My Collection in pictures ---------------- Instagram

Jean Richard 60400-11D705-FK4A|Steinhart O1V |Magrette Moana Pacific Professional G14 | Christopher Ward C60-42-Q-SKBK | Christopher Ward C60-42-Q-SKKSI |Seiko Pepsi SKX009 | Rodina ST2130 | Tisell Pilot P000000X | G-Shock Men's DW9052-1V | Orient​ Bambino ER24005W | Casio G-Shock Men's DW9052-1V | Citizen Ecodrive CAD420-07E | Wenger Swiss Military Terragraph GMT Watch 663124 | Bulova 96A122 |Helgray Silverstone (British Racing Green) | Seiko SNZH57K1