For those who did not believe in a Damasko movement
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: For those who did not believe in a Damasko movement

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    stuffler,mike

For those who did not believe in a Damasko movement

Konrad entitled me to spread some good news and here we go:

Damasko is currently applying for a new patent. Damasko has developed a new production technique to produce hairsprings.

After three years of development the “Epi-Poly -Silicon” (EPS®) is ready for serial production.

It is a poly crystalline silicone which is for the first time produced as a layer out of vapour deposition (Please do not ask me for technical details, I already had difficulties to translate all that stuff).

Due to the vapour deposition it is possible to create crystals in nanometer size which makes that material a perfect substance for mechanical applications.

The in-house movement A 35 which is developed by Damasko will not only be fitted with an EPS® hairspring. The escapement wheel, lever and double roller will be made out of the new material.

It will still need some month to present the A 35 to the public. The A 35 will also feature a complete new and patented winding mechanism. Heart of that new mechanism is a 4-spot-hybride-bearing. This and the rotor bearing will be lubricant free due to the chosen material mix of steel barrel band and bearing balls made out of a ceramic material.

Almost 3 Million Euro have been invested to achieve the stage Damasko has achieved as of today. Most of the money went into the machinery.

From now on pallets, wheels, pinions, barrels, rotors, bearings, balances, escapements will be produced in-house.

Furthermore surface treatments like decorative engravings, spotting(s) and galvanic processes will be executed in-house.

This is kind of a quantum jump for Damasko, who already produced cases, crowns, pushers and tubes 100% in-house. Their vertical range of manufacture increased dramatically by the efforts taken over the last three years.

Today I phoned Konrad, who was on his way to Munich. I talked to a very happy camper.

beshannon

Re: For those who did not believe in a Damasko movement

Exciting news, I am waiting to see a finished watch

Banned

Very exciting!
    I look forward seeing the finished movement!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Very exciting!
    I look forward seeing the finished movement!
    Me too Janne, loking forward to be one of the first owners. Fingers crossed.

Banned

Interesting. I don't see any pallet jewels on the end of the lever. I guess the new process coats the lever well enough to eliminate them.

If you want to know a little about PVD, check here:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/foru...light=horology

Banned

Go Damasko!

an interesting announcement. i think it's encouraging that progress is being made toward the goal of developing the in-house movement.

obviously, there is still a ways to go before the movement becomes a manufactured reality and it remains to be seen what model and what the MSRP will be for this when it happens.

thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    It will still need some month to present the A 35 to the public. The A 35 will also feature a complete new and patented winding mechanism. Heart of that new mechanism is a 4-spot-hybride-bearing. This and the rotor bearing will be lubricant free due to the chosen material mix of steel barrel band and bearing balls made out of a ceramic material.

It's good to hear that such effort is being put into improving mechanical watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen View Post
    an interesting announcement. i think it's encouraging that progress is being made toward the goal of developing the in-house movement.

obviously, there is still a ways to go before the movement becomes a manufactured reality and it remains to be seen what model and what the MSRP will be for this when it happens.

thanks for the post.
    +1.

Exciting news.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

Looking forward to seeing what comes from this. It's great to see a small independant watch company invest this kind of money to go to an in-house movement. It will be very interesting to see what kind of prices the new pieces will go for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information