• 1 Post By Zeroedout
  • 1 Post By Zeroedout
  • 1 Post By omeglycine
  • 1 Post By Bradjhomes
  • 1 Post By KJParlay
  • 1 Post By Zeroedout

Thread: Thoughts on the Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver

Thoughts on the Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver

I really like how this watch looks. I know the company lacks a little bit of history but I think theyve done a really good job with this piece. I want to buy one without paying full price!

What are your thoughts on it and where do you think I can get one for a good price?
    Zeroedout likes this.

Can't advise you where to get the best price, but I can tell you that it's a nice looking watch. Jomashop sells it for less than an AD, but I don't know if you should buy from them. Best if you shop around online. Maybe some of the other members can steer you in the right direction.Good luck.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Re: Thoughts on the Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver

I’ve had mine for close to two months now. Fell in love with the aesthetics the moment I stumbled upon it online. I’ll tell ya’, of the watches I’ve owned it’s far and away my favorite. I was a little concerned about the size (42mm square) and the width of the strap, but those concerns disappeared the moment I put it on. Personally, it’s the most comfortable watch I’ve ever worn. Because of the shape, it doesn’t move around at all on my wrist...it just stays put. For what it’s worth, my wrist is a bit over 7” and pretty flat on top. And while I’ve never been a fan of rubber straps, this one wears extremely well. It’s very pliable and surprisingly light-wearing.

I think one of the things I like most about this watch is the way that the flat, top portion of the case reflects the bezel. It catches the light and adds a certain “depth” to the watch that makes it a bit unique (not sure if it’ll be visible in any of my pics).

I’m not an accuracy guy, but from casual observation the B&R synchs with my Bremont s301 (chronometer) almost to the exact second over 24 hours. Over 48 hrs in my case, the B&R was running about 1-2 seconds ahead of the Bremont. I suppose that really doesn’t mean much, but I thought I’d just throw the info in for good measure.

Again, I’m really enjoying this one. It’s fun to wear, and while it certainly has some presence I don’t find it to be over-the-top by any means. I purchased mine from a local AD, and they put a “2” at the front of the price before I ever even opened my mouth...so I’d shop around a bit. You should be able to pick one up for close to what the GM is selling them for, but I will note that I’ve got an established relationship with my local shop.

If if you have any questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Zeroedout; February 27th, 2018 at 23:57.
    georgegervin44 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just as a follow-up, in this pic you can see how the bezel is reflected in the case (at the corners). Maybe that’s fairly common, but I don’t recall ever seeing it in another watch. It just adds a unique dimension and lends to the visual appeal..
    Attached Images Attached Images

omeglycine likes this.

I saw one a few weeks back, and thought it was a pretty impressive and really good-looking watch. It should also be a very reliable watch, with its ETA movement and solid case construction. As Zeroedout mentioned, you should be able to obtain a new one for an attractive price with a bit of shopping around.
    Zeroedout likes this.

I really like the look. If you can find one with a hefty discount it would be a solid buy.
    Zeroedout likes this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

At first I didn't like it, but the more I saw it, the more it grew on me. Now I want one. I think it's because I have a penchant for non-round watches.
    If I ever decide to buy one, it wouldn't be for a couple years probably. I do tend to think they are juuuust a little overpriced, but in reality, that's just a less shameful way of saying "more than I can afford".
    Zeroedout likes this.
    Oris Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111 | Nomos Club Neomatik | Ball Trainmaster Worldtime chrono | Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer | Bulova Sea King

Those pictures look amazing! I saw someone selling it for $2000 here but got sold instantly. Why dont you reccomend buying from Joma? I also like how the square part is steel so it doesnt show scratches as much as it being black.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it from Joma or Ashford, assuming the savings made sense. But at the same time, it’s one of those watches I think you need to try on before pulling the trigger. I’m a fan of the grey market, but I’m also getting to the point where I enjoy the piece of mind that comes from an AD (along with the benefits of having that “established” relationship).

Heres what I’d do; I’d call some of the forum-sponsoring ADs like Toppers and Timeless. Mention the forums and see what kinda price they can offer ya’. If they can’t get close to Joma, etc....no harm done. But if the difference is nominal, it may be worth going the AD route. For what it’s worth, I’ve purchased from Toppers before and it was an exceptional experience. Also been happy with Ashford and Joma, but when it’s close I’ll always er on the side of an AD.
    Fbcanman likes this.

Thread Information